Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » This Board needs to get more social!! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: This Board needs to get more social!!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm - California is too easy - you should try and "represent" in Alabama or Kentucky! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it'll be no great surprise that my name's John. I'm a 22 year old studying Graphic Design at Westminster Uni here in London. I'm an all-round scifi fan. Star Trek's always been my fav show, but that interest has waned in the last few years. Now I have my fingers in many science fictiony pies, BSG, Stargate and Doctor Who being at the top of my list.

Away from TV shows I'm in to photography, drawing, architecture and the odd bit of CG work.

There are some fairly recent pics of me on my crappy Myspace page.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah... like California doesn't have its own colorful set...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
B.J. are your ignitials or it is your first name??

It's my initials, stands for Bernard Jr., but I've never gone by anything but B.J.!
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kewl. I can't put mine in initials... too long.

Example: MNMTC expands into something way too long. Hence the nickname CoffeeAddictMike. It's like a brand... of a coffee addicted, Star Trek loving, geeky flashy techie guy.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the past decade and a half, I've successfully nurtured the clever impression that the name found at the end of each of my posts is my own.

I'm 34, something of a crossbreed between inorganic chemist and semiconductor engineer, usually a baritone but currently experimenting on infrasounds due to a holiday-long flu. I'm interested in well-constructed alternate realities and generally fictitious approaches to life, and freakishly omnipresent according to some, yet physically detached from the civilized world by the Baltic Sea. I have no homepage or other traceable net presence to speak of.

I love the world in all its myriad little details and delightful perversions, and generally am not cruel to animals (but I do like the outdoors). I'm still searching for a fashionable ailment I could parade here. Like apparently so many others here, I do have a massive alcohol problem, but I'm managing the inflow by donating to as many as I can. I'm also very territory-minded, staking out cities and counties with unhealthily long bike trips. I swim, too, having last year discovered the joys of the monofin.

Umm, that's probably about it. Except that I dig flying but tend to get motion sickness up there; riding, but am mortally allergic to equines; and outer space, but was born a century too early. My favorite color is the particular kind of golden white found in the contrails of the last flight for the evening, and my favorite taste is ripe avocado. As for religion, I prefer Freefall.

And yes, I type English the way a modestly important Indian civil servant speaks it. You really don't want to hear my accent.

Timo Saloniemi

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting rabbit you got there.
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's actually a hare. You get a rabbit when you attach the ankles to the thighs with short hobbles. But they are too easy to shoot, then.

Timo Saloniemi

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mikey T:

Example: MNMTC expands into something way too long. Hence the nickname CoffeeAddictMike.

What ever happened to Captain Mike?

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

OMG Timo - LOL Your errr paintballing pic...

You always seemed a bastion of straight-lacedness and I see that - It's shattered all my mental images! [Smile]

P.S. Who applied the pegs?

--------------------

Timo
Member # 245

Hmh? You should just see me laced straight, then. I can do 22-inch waists and 8-inch heels. [Razz]

The pegs are for losing the first round. Some 500m x 800m of suitably forested playground, 5 minutes lead time, 15 minutes playtime. Remember your goggles, and hers, and it's quite safe. Although not particularly sane.

(The bambi version is a bit more interesting, but not rated for general audiences. And yes, I'd already been doing this for quite some time when that Las Vegas bunch did their silly fake kiddie video. This is what the markers were REALLY invented for. [Wink] )

Timo Saloniemi

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Topic: This Board needs to get more social!!
Are you still sure about that?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bad Idea Buddy.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm evidently not meeting the right women.

My name is... well see, I have a thing about directly using my real name on the intartubes, but it's bX where I can get away with it and Orlando Furioso (a hold-over from playing in bands) elsewheres. In addition to playing the saxophone, I'm probably taller than you and it's very likely that I weigh more. So it's not like a threatening thing. If you really wanted to, you could find me on MySpace where you could discover through pictures that I look more like a fat Philip Seymour Hoffman than a fat Cary Elwes.

In Silicon Valley, CA where I live, I inhabit what Snay would call an awesome space, but in reality is a rather cold and smelly warehouse. Which at the moment is over-cluttered with a variety of detritus from various projects, chief among them shooting my original sci-fi series on the pittance left over from my rent.

I did indeed have a rather enjoyable geek-out session with Peregrinus a few days back and some years back had beers with the elusive bearded one. If things work out and I can get to Australia next Xmas, I might have to look up one AndrewR for similar beer'n'trek fare.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BX: I want to see more photos! I do love that space. It's very unique.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps