Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » If it could happen to Lord Stanley's Cup.....

Author Topic: If it could happen to Lord Stanley's Cup.....
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
..... it could happen to a dead body.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, before I read the article, I'm gonna try to guess what it is, based on the title.

I don't think Patrick Roy has any dead bodies in his swimming pool. I sincerely hope nobody was bringing dead guys to strip clubs (which brings up the question of who'd pay the cover, anyway). No drinking out of dead bodies since the NHL has an anti-vampire rule. Was it left on the side of the road while the drivers changed a tire?

---reads the article---

Well. I was kind of close. Not really.

Honestly, though. Even with everything else, I thought they'd give priority to perishables...

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We deliver on time, or your next casket is free!!

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HopefulNebula: The Stanley Cup at one point itself was bumped off the flight to make room for what else, luggage. Obviously, the keepers of the cup were kind of miffed that this happened.

Per my modus operandi on thread titles, that was the first thing I thought of.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, maybe I'm just weird, but I don't see what the big deal is. The dead body is just going to lie there and rot, whether it's in a cargo hold or a funeral home. What's the big deal about having a body for the damn funeral, anyway?

I think it would be funny to have the undertaker use clown makeup for my corpse. Make it a more light-hearted affair. I certainly won't mind by then. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What if the clown makeup he uses make you look like a juggalo, though?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That must have really hurt the family. I wouldn't be surprised if a lawsuit is filed.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Saltah'na:
HopefulNebula: The Stanley Cup at one point itself was bumped off the flight to make room for what else, luggage. Obviously, the keepers of the cup were kind of miffed that this happened.

Per my modus operandi on thread titles, that was the first thing I thought of.

Oh, I know that. It just wasn't the first thing I thought of when I thought of "weird things that have happened to the Cup."

--------------------
--R. Buckminster Fuller

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I'm dead you all have my full permission to use me as a sock puppet in order to make people freak the fuck out at your morbidity.

After you scoop out my grisly innards and stuff them in another person in a nightmarish black ritual called "transplant surgery."

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Lord, I love nobody more than Patrick Roy.

I will wear my '93 Stanley Cup Finals Patch Home Jersey today, even, now.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you die of old age, I will most likely be the puppeteer. I don't look forward to that...

Can I give you a funny cartoon like voice? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehehehe try to make me sound like Kermit [Smile]
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

Vent: Adding to the Roy love. I have a massive goalie fetish anyway. (Except for Jose Theodore. He's just skanky. Also, he pronounces the J in his name, which is 47 different kinds of wrong.)

--------------------
--R. Buckminster Fuller

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

"It's not that easy, bein' green..."

--------------------

-George Carlin

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps