Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Fake plastic instruments (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fake plastic instruments
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Go and learn to play a real guitar blah blah blah" etc.

*ahem*

The Rock Band 2 instruments are failing to show up over here, despite an announcement last month that they would be released "early December". The game itself it out. People are asking about Christmas presents. Sooooo...

1/ Do I say Guitar Hero: World Tour set, and then pick up RB2 disc seperately, or...

2/ Do I say HOLD YOUR HORSES FELLOWS! and wait for the RB2 instruments to come out?

Eh?

Also, Animated Shockwave. Where is he?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen Shockwave in stores around here, but only in rare batches. I'd like to see the next wave of Universe figures...Cheetor was one of my favorites as a kid.

Wouldn't know about the Guitar Hero though. Don't play it myself. I prefer to stick to real instruments...unless they make a Violin Hero. Then, I might reconsider.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm holding out for Obo Hero.

Also, Shockwave with the light-up Obo arm.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody else get horrible pains in their fretting arm when they try to play those games?
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you should settle for Guitar Fever!
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a huge fan of harp hero.

I have GH 2&3, and RB 1&2. But just the wireless GH3 guitar for all the games. I prefer it to the RB guitar.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna buy Heroin Hero: Chase the Purple Dragon!
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CASUAL GAMER
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trival Pursuit: Thai Thigh High fisting III

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You lot are rubbish for gaming recommendations and random talking about Animated Shockwave.

Also, I am terrified that Beast Wars characters are now the ones that people had "as a kid". Transmetal Cheetor was the best one, obviously.

I wants Dinobot.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the new mold of him hits stores in the new year, at least here in the states.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

I liked Transmetal Megatron and the Stingray Guy, I forgots his name.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Transmetal Megatron was actually my first Trensformers toy. He was also the only one to break on me. I still have the rest of my amassed collection somewhere in the basement. I should really find some place to display them. I've also picked up some of the newer figures recently, but they just don't make em like they used to...the quality control is horrible in some cases.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Well because they're no longer made of die-cast metal, just cheap plastic. They even mention it in Beast Wars, when Megatron comes across the body of Ye Olde Optimus Prime and states, "Die-cast, a dying artform." Or something to that effect.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beast Wars, Beast machines = Good
Horrible new versions with YouGiOh looking kids helping them = BAD.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps