Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Fake plastic instruments (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fake plastic instruments
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They haven't been made of Die-cast plastic since about 1986. And those toys were rubbish. Don't argue. Rubbish. Put your original Starscream next to Classics Starscream, and see who's better. Clearly the new one. The die-cast metal may not have broken, but everything around it did.

Although Animated Starscream has an evil grin. That = points.

Transmetal Megatron suffers from Gold Plastic Syndrome on his, er, brown plastic. Mine is still in one piece, somehow. He's stood next to Dragon Megatron on the dresser in my bedroom. My girlfriend doesn't like it.

Beast Wars = good. Beast Machines = er, what? Energon = OHMYGODTHEPAIN. Animated = Super Fun Happy Stuff!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Well because they're no longer made of die-cast metal, just cheap plastic. They even mention it in Beast Wars, when Megatron comes across the body of Ye Olde Optimus Prime and states, "Die-cast, a dying artform." Or something to that effect.

Not so much that, but it just seems like the tolerance for imperfections is higher. Beast era toys had mostly ball or ratchet joints, which, were fine. If the ball joints became loose ( something which a majority of mine never did, thankfully), you could just tighten it up with a bit of superglue, nail polish, or even newspaper. I bought the new universe Galvitron...and well, everything falls off. There's only one ball joint on the whole thing, I believe, which is extremely loose. The rest of the joints, are swivels, again which are pretty loose, or peg&socket joints, which just fall off. It's a nice display piece, as long as you don't actually touch it, but the damn thing pretty much fell apart when I dusted the shelf the other day. From what I've read on various forums, and seen on Youtube and such, this appears to be a pretty common problem with the Galvatron figure.

Imagine how frustrated some little kid playing with that toy must be.

PsyLiam, my Megatron actually fell apart at the waist. i can't remember if that part had any shiny, swirly plastic though.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I never had too many Transformer toys. I think I had a Constructicon one, and another that that transformed into a Stealth Bomber. Don't think it ever appeared on the show. And Jason, I too hated the anime Transformer series, especially the one with the midget Transformers/minicons bullshit. And I remember another one where the Autobots employed a human secretary at their base. WTF?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There has to be someone to make the coffee. And to be fair, the Anime shows problems weren't their premises (tiny robots making big robots more powerful isn't really any crazier than glowing disco ball destroying giant planet things), but the terrible, terrible dubbing. And plots. And animation. And everything.

Universe Galvatron isn't a toy. It's a piece of plastic insanity.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beast Wars = good. Beast Machines = good.* Robots in Disguise = WTF? Armada = oh, so terrible. Energon = not so much bad as just confusing. Animated = good.

* Bear in mind that I did not see Beast Machines (or, for that matter, Beast Wars) as a kid. So, my opinion is entirely formed by my adult consciousness. This could result in a different outlook on the matter.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Beast Wars, Beast Machines as both a kid and as an adult, I still love em.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received Guitar Hero World Tour (Wii Edition) for Christmas. This looks to be fun. Although the difference in the two guitars intrigues me...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps