Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Osama Bin Laden: DEAD! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden: DEAD!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOOT!

'bout time!

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While it's good the world is out a scumbag, his death is largely symbolic. Terrorism has largely morphed into individual actors and/or loosely-affiliated cells. Bin Laden has been too busy hiding to plan attacks.

In the short term, this is going to lead to a lot of violence overseas, especially in Pakistan. That country, by the way, is going to have a lot of explaining to do, seeing as he was killed in a freaking mansion.

--------------------
Meh

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's funny to think that the whole time Obama was doing his comedy speech at the Correspondents' Dinner, he had this in his back pocket. That's a smooth operator right there.

That was posted by a kid from CBR and I agree completely.

Man, all week long, while President Obama has had to deal with that fucktard Trump talking his shit, the President has been putting wheels in motion and this has been planned.

We'll see how FOX tries to spin his "not at war with Islam" part of tonight's speach into something negative.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not bad for a guy who wasn't born here [Wink] Kudos to you Mr.Prez and especially to the Armed Forces. We don't pay you guys enough for what you do.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Veers:
quote:
In the short term, this is going to lead to a lot of violence overseas, especially in Pakistan. That country, by the way, is going to have a lot of explaining to do, seeing as he was killed in a freaking mansion.
They felt surprise was wiser course of action.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, ding-dong the beard is dead. Not that it changes much of course, there's still that Egyptian bloke who's supposedly actually in charge of the organisation. Even then, they'll be spinning this war on terror thing out for years so long as it's useful.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Veers:
quote:
They felt surprise was wiser course of action.
Yeah- suprise was the key: so much so that we never told the Pakistanis about the mission.
FUcker was in a mansion just a mile from a boy's military acedemy- you really think the Pakistanis were not supporting him?

Time to announce we're cutting aff all funding to that country- they've been playing like our friend while taking tens of billions in development aid (meaning the moey goes into the pockets of Pakistani leadership)while prividing intel and safe haven for our enemies.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

-

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was neat watching this unfold on the news last night. Probably as close to the fall of the Berlin wall as my generation is gonna get.

While Im fine with people celebrating and such...I hope they realize that this doesn't mean much in the scope of things. A man who was bright enough to hide from the largest military in the world for a decade was obviously bright enough to make sure his organization would carry on after he's dead.

Oh well. Ding dong the witch is dead...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Bin Ladin was registered to the Playstation Network with his real name and address...
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't find out about this until this morning after i helped the GF get the older minions to school.

Navy SEaLs have to be the closest concept to Lawful Evil alignment. *smiles*

BZ gentlemen...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was at work when I heard about this. Way to go SEALs.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard that this op took over a year from the very first bit of intel til pulling the trigger. The raid itself took about 40 minutes. Knowing the SEALS, they probably had him within the first 10 minutes and were just mopping up afterward.

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Irishman:
I heard that this op took over a year from the very first bit of intel til pulling the trigger. The raid itself took about 40 minutes. Knowing the SEALS, they probably had him within the first 10 minutes and were just mopping up afterward.

They were gathering evidence- although the compound was isolated from internet and even television connections in a effort to lie low, it had electricity and there were several computers seized in the raid.

Dont be too suprised to learn of additional high-profice raids in the coming weeks- hell, there could be bank account and funding information in there that will do a much more damage than just Bin Laden's death.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The current conspiracy theory is that he died in 2002-2003 and this is just a fabrication to bolster patriotism. They say the recent photos of Bin Laden are too similar to the early aughts-photos to be real.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps