Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » At work and bored...... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: At work and bored......
Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh. It's 12:30 on a Sunday afternoon. I'm sitting in my college's library, and there are only 7 people in it, 4 of which are library staff, including me. It is BORING in here. I brought a computer programming manual with me but I don't feel like reading it, and i'm all finished with my italian homework, so now i'm going to plague you all with whatever I end up typing here.

The ghost in the 4th floor academic building bathroom is begining to really hate me. And I think the feeling is mutual.

It occurs to me that I'm actually getting more sleep this semester than I did last semester, and i've realized i'm less addicted to the net than before. I'm wondering if this is a good thing.

Jesus Christ, having noted the faith and righteousness of a Roman centurion, a Pagan, proclaimed:
"Assuredly I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel! And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 8:10-12)
What does this mean? This means there are people who are not christians who are going to heaven, and people who are christians who are going to hell. At least... that's what it says to ME. (I am not encouraging a debate here. this is a rhetorical addition). I debated sending this to my mother and then realized that it wouldn't matter. She's so closed minded that no matter what is said, she'll believe i'm going to hell. *shrugs* let her.

It has come to my attention that breasts are a pain in the neck and getting your period is less sacred and more likely a pain in the neck.

I'm going to find all the people with overdue library books and bomb thier houses. AFTER I find the books, that is.

I'm noticing more and more often that my boyfriend is the awesomest and i'm damned lucky to have him. And wondering if he feels the same way.

Frank: The pencil never came in the mail. Prepare to be nuked.

I'd still like to know why my breasts hurt. Any ideas are welcome. Except the ones that involve charles being too rough with them.

The 10 questions thread will be judged as soon as I feel like it, and not a moment sooner.

To the girl living in the room next to me: Thank you for making me feel sicker. Your mono on top of my chronic illness is a load of fun to deal with. I love you too.

I wish I hadn't worn this turtleneck today.. it's far too warm out for it. But the good thing is it hugs my breasts nicely.

I think i'll stop talking now. Thanks for not listening. *LOL*

Charles: Je T'aimme. *HUG*

*posts this mess of randomness*

------------------
"...when all that is driving my heart forward
is you, thoughts of you, hopes for you,
and a fading dream with a Mona Lisa smile
that whispers "are you thinking of me too?"

34 days till the dreams become reality...

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One M.

And you know, I never got a pencil either. False advertising. Perhaps we should be ironic and smite him instead of nuking all of New Britain. Smiting is much more appropriate and less messy.

And I told you already! It's all the butterfly's fault!

I would say "You're welcome," but I guiltily listened.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

[This message has been edited by Elim Garak (edited October 17, 1999).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pencil is in the mail. It's not my fault if you haven't gotten it yet.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Don't worry; in Season Two we abandon it for 'I Am A Sock-Puppet!'" - Bob Skir

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In relation to your breasts, have you considered seeing a doctor? It's at least possible that you have a serious problem. I'd try to give you a diagnosis myself, but that particular part of female anatomy lies outside my area of expertise.

*notices the first phrase in this post*

*laughs at a personal joke that no one here knows about*

------------------
"I consider the foundation of the Constitution as laid on this ground: That "all powers not delegated to the United States, by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States or to the people . . ." To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible of any definition."
- Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1791

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*grin*

------------------
Avon: "You really do believe in taking risks, don't you?"
Tarrant: "Calculated risks."
Avon: "Calculated on what? Your fingers?"
-- Blake's Seven, Ultraworld

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can one be bored in a library?? All those books. Mmmm, books.

------------------
The watchdog of public safety, is there any lower form of life?
~C. Mongomery Burns

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of the mood to read! Been there. I read so many books in a short time, after I moved in with Mom, That I haven't picked one up since. This should pass soon.

------------------
"One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, Floor". George Carlin

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The following is my opinion only. Rabid opposing views are invited to take it to the flameboard. Non-rabid views, well, go right ahead. After all, the following paragraph is only an opinion.

If a Christian is anyone who calls hemself (the previous gender-neutral term was invented on-the-spot and is not to be considered a spelling error ) Christian, then yes, many will not get to heaven. A lot believe it is their own efforts to be "righteous" and persecute, er, I mean convert the heathen that will get them in. Many who aren't Christians will also go to heaven, because they are honestly seeking after the truth, and not just trying to figure out how to gain power over their contemporaries.

If you don't believe in an afterlife, the preceding message was just that much poo-gas. Thank you for your time, attention, and indulgence.

------------------
My mind wanders, but don't worry. It's weak and can't get very far.
--Steve Allen
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

[P.S.: Jubilee, if your mammary organs are causing you pain, I second the "see a doctor" motion. Try to get one who knows what Hesh* is doing (a crap shoot, I know. Best of luck and does ibuprophin help at all?)]

*Hesh: n. Gender-neutral term substituted for he, she, or it.

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited October 17, 1999).]

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd give my opinion, but I don't think anyone's really interested in hearing it.

------------------
"I consider the foundation of the Constitution as laid on this ground: That "all powers not delegated to the United States, by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States or to the people . . ." To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible of any definition."
- Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1791

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're learning.

(Just kidding. Everybody has a right to their opinions, even people I disagree with.)

Jubes: It's almost comforting to hear I'm not the only one having ghost problems. I've recently become convinced that my Julie's haunted. Both in-house and personally.

------------------
'In every country and in every age the priest has been hostile to Liberty; he is always in allegiance to the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection of his own." ---- Thomas Jefferson

[This message has been edited by First of Two (edited October 18, 1999).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now see here. We don't seem to see eye to eye all that often. But everyone here has just as much right to say what they want as everyone else. Of course, I'd prefer that a war of words wasn't started here, but that's what all those nifty Moderator tools are for.

------------------
"Quadrilateral I was, now I warp like a smile."
--
Soul Coughing

Feste
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does the ghost in the 4th floor bathroom manifest itself? Or have I misunderstood and "the ghost" is a nickname for a crabby, incontinent academic?

------------------
"There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne."

Bette Davis - Old Acquaintance

IP: Logged
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, Sol. That was meant as fairly lame humor, although upon second reading, it didn't look that way. Hopefully, my edit makes the original intent clear.
*sheesh*

------------------
'In every country and in every age the priest has been hostile to Liberty; he is always in allegiance to the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection of his own." ---- Thomas Jefferson

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol: When I said that I meant that I didn't want them starting a flame war on your board. IF people can state their opinion in a nice fashion (like Baloo did) I dont care.

Feste: For me, it's a very heavy presence in a certain area that i can see out of the corner of my eye and talks to me.

------------------
"...when all that is driving my heart forward
is you, thoughts of you, hopes for you,
and a fading dream with a Mona Lisa smile
that whispers "are you thinking of me too?"

34 days till the dreams become reality...

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing to apologize for, First. Your post wasn't even there when I was writing mine. I just didn't want Omega to have the idea that he needed to censor himself.

------------------
"Quadrilateral I was, now I warp like a smile."
--
Soul Coughing

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps