Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » At work and bored...... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: At work and bored......
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, it might be nice if you could delete your own posts. That way you could get rid of doubles entirely instead of just editing them.

[This message has been edited by Omega (edited October 18, 1999).]

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[CENSORED BY OMEGA]

[ALSO CENSORED BY OMEGA]

[ALSO ALSO CENSORED BY OMEGA]

------------------
"I consider the foundation of the Constitution as laid on this ground: That "all powers not delegated to the United States, by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States or to the people . . ." To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible of any definition."
- Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1791

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are no such things as ghosts. And I won't be told otherwise. It's bad enough going to the computer room in the basement without believing the people who say the building used to be a workhouse and is haunted by a pair of girls who sound suspiciously reminiscent of the pair in "The Shining. . ." B(
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
redrum, redrum!!!

------------------
"One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, Floor". George Carlin

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ibuprofen doesn't do anything for it.... but I notice they only started hurting since I started taking a certian medication. So it's probably that.

------------------
"...when all that is driving my heart forward
is you, thoughts of you, hopes for you,
and a fading dream with a Mona Lisa smile
that whispers "are you thinking of me too?"

34 days till the dreams become reality...

Feste
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jubes - I hate to belabor the ghost thing but (almost) everybody loves a ghost story and it's almost Halloween, after all.

What does the ghost say? Surely not something mundane like,"Help! Is there any paper in your stall?"

I come from a part of the South where ghosts are supposed to be thick on the ground but I never saw one. However, I have heard some sober, solid, unimaginative citizens swear up and down that they did.

------------------
"There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne."

Bette Davis - Old Acquaintance

IP: Logged
RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Well, the scariest thing about ghosts is, I think, that you never see them. Right? Er.. right?

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would guess that I'm the ONLY one on this entire Forum that has walked home alone past desolate bogs and empty old farmhouses. With hardly any illumination of any sort (ie moon, streetlights).

I have an incredibly over-active imagination.

I had a severe case of "Shutting the door and leaning against it panting" anxiety.

------------------
"So, no room for Bender, huh? Well I'll build my own lunar lander, with blackjack, and hookers.
In fact, who needs a lander, or blackjack?
Ah, screw the whole lot o' ya!"
-- Bender, Futurama.

Jubilee
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there have been many varying stories of hauntings in our main academic building (it's called College Hall). There are, actually, at least 6 ghosts and over
100 shades (less substantial than ghosts), but most of them are natural to the environment. The building is very old and has been inhabited for over 80 years. Now, the top floor is the only floor that has residences in it, although a while ago, the top two did. But I digress. *LOL*
It's said that a few years ago, a girl killed herself in the tub in the right wing of the residence hall up there. And from what I can sense, it's right. Freshmen year, I had a few dreams where a girl was writing "HELP ME" on the wall in blood.... then there's the fact that the depression rate is SIGNIFIGANTLY higher on this campus. Recently, I was visiting a friend in College Hall and she commented on the fact that her room and the bathroom near it are haunted. Apparently, she was sitting in the stall around midnight when she heard this strange unearthly humming. No one was in the bathroom but her. The humming got louder, and louder, and then this black thing walked by her stall. But no one was in the bathroom, there were no footfalls or FEET, just a black thing walking by. She, of course, ran for the door. As she was leaving, the humming followed her, then passed by her and she caught the site of the thing again out of the corner of her eye as she was leaving.
I decided to go investigate.
The bathroom itself has a "presence" to it, but this gets even worse when one walks into the stall with the tub in it: The alleged place of the suicide. As soon as I walked into the stall, something took my hand. It led me over to the chair next to the tub, and although I never heard anything _talking_, I swear we had a conversation. I had a very definite picture of a girl with long brown hair floating in the tub.... with slit wrists. Her head was at the top of the tub, and she'd left the razor blade on the soap dish. She was sad. She was crying. She wanted to go home.
The tub itself is FULL of energy, the soap dish has residue on it, too, and so does the hot water tap. *shudders* I havn't gotten to the bottom of it, but after a few minutes the ghost sorta chased me out of the bathroom, and I havn't been back since.

------------------

32 days till the dreams become reality...

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*he thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists there are no ghosts*

OK, that's not strictly the correct version. But I still don't believe in ghosts.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh. Funny, since in THAT story, the "ghosts" WERE real.

I didn't really believe in anything ghostly / otherworldly / weird until I started college. Then, a LOT of weird things started happening to me.

Penn-State Erie Campus is haunted. Rather. It was about this time (1991-2 year) that I started seeing things that weren't "really" there. (Before you ask, I HAVE been psychiatrically evaluated, and test as, as my doctor put it, "saner than me.")

I started seeing things with what I called my "Mind's Eye." You know when you stare at something for a while, then look away and blink your eyes, you get an afterimage of the thing? That's what It was like. Except without the staring bit. And I would see things in places that other people would later tell me were haunted / places of some importance. The "Gorge" (a mini-canyon behind campus,) a room in Niagra (a dorm) a grotto, and some other places.
Once while I was on break, a student still on campus killed himself. Having heard NO details of the incident, I knew where exactly it had happened, and pointed it out when I came back. Because I could "see" an afterimage.

Things got progressively stranger after that, and I'm a bit hesitant to talk about some of it, for fear that people will think I'm nuts or fibbing. However, I am now in agreement with that line from Hamlet: There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of by your philosophy, Horatio. And I think that may well cover ALL the philosophies/religions.

And no, I still have no belief in a Divine being who's behind it all. It is difficult, though, believing in "wierd stuff" when you have a generally skeptical frame of mind.

------------------
'In every country and in every age the priest has been hostile to Liberty; he is always in allegiance to the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection of his own." ---- Thomas Jefferson

Golden Phoenix
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jubilee, to answer your question about why your breasts hurt when you're near your period, I think the answer is in your hormones.

Just before the period happens, progesterone is produced that has the effect of preparing your body in case of a pregnancy. This hormone is produced when you ovulate and will be produced for about 7 days. It takes about another 7 days for the progesterone to be absorbed by your body at the conclusion of which your period will start. The effect of progesterone can be nausea, breast swelling (that generally hurts ...) because of water retention and general feeling of depression.

I'm not a doctor but I'm familiar with the subject because I teach natural family planning...

On the other hand, if you feel lumps on your breasts you should consult a physician to be sure it's not breast cancer.

To conclude my dissertation, I think you're perfectly normal !

GP

IP: Logged
Jubilee
Member # 99

Thanks GP...and I know they're supposed to hurt around my period...but they hurt ALL THE TIME.... and .... well... they do have a few lumps to them.... but that's normal....

------------------

32 days till the dreams become reality...

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus, 1of2, if you can't air your views because of feeling uncomfortable about them yourself, then that's perfectly understandable.

However, if you're wary of posting them because of what others may think of you, thne you moght have the wrong idea. This is a Discussion board, a place where you can air your views. Don't worry about what we might think of you.

We know you're mad anyhow.

------------------
"So, no room for Bender, huh? Well I'll build my own lunar lander, with blackjack, and hookers.
In fact, who needs a lander, or blackjack?
Ah, screw the whole lot o' ya!"
-- Bender, Futurama.

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*frowns at all the talk of ghosts* - I believe that they exist. BUT, beyond my experiences with the Ouija board, I have no other proof! Someone direct me to a haunted structure! I vant to be seeink a ghost!!! *LOL*

------------------
If my mind wasn't a total blank all the time, I'd have something creative written here. But it is. So sue me.
[ www.linneberg.com ] | [ [email protected] ]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps