Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » US Television (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: US Television
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. The US has revolting hang-ups on the subjects of race, religion, and sex. I blame the Fundies.

Then again, I blame the Fundies for just about everything that I can't pin on the cats.

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Even Sisko is a victim of this! (Or he just thought Yates was a sassy chick of course :])

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's the only one on the planet who does.

I mean, with Farrel or DeBoer there of course...

Melanie Sykes is nice no?

Friends did attempt racial mixing, with Ross and Julie in season 2, but that's about as ethnic as you are allowed to go apparently.

Of course, there is the logic that, generally, black people do tend to link up with black people, and white with white. Although there are many exceptions, the races do tend to match up to each other. As for the reason for this...I don't want to venture a guess.

------------------
'Not the sponge, not the sponge!'
-Marty Crane

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er...you remembered not seeing whites and blacks dating; you rememberd Sisko and Yates; but you didn't remember Worf and Dax?

------------------
"A fellow's invented see-through film
He calls it 'cellophane!'
Another has built a parachute
For jumping out of an airplane!

Remarkable things flow endlessly
From out the human brain!
Indeed
And what a remarkable age this is!"
--Titanic: the Musical

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

but he's an alien, and so was Dax, right?

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grrrrr I was gonna say that!!

------------------
I'm the Worlds First Fully Functional Homicidal Artist.....

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never new Dorn was black till I saw him on a game show, sometime in season two. I was hopeing Geordi and Leah Brahms would get together bbefore it was all over.

------------------
Here I Come To Save The Day : Mighty Mouse

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In "All Good Things...", when Geordi visited Picard at his home in France, Picard asked him how Leah was doing. He also asked about the Daystrom Institue. I've always assumed that he was referring to Leah Brahms.

------------------
Risk is our business! That's what this starship is all about....that's why we're aboard her!"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps