Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Oh, the horror . . . ! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Oh, the horror . . . !
Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The HORROR. . . . of being the ONLY ONE who still uses a 28.8!!!!! >:P Hehehe. It's like I'm in the stone age or something. I'd just like to RANT about my POS 28.8. Everyone around me has 56.6's! I haven't seen a topic thread about modems here before, so I am trying to be unique, and open up one! Care to vent your frustrations about your piece of crap modem? Care to laugh at us poor folks who can't upgrade our 28.8's? This is your one-stop-shop. And while you're at it, you might want to complete my Survey, which is also attempting to find out who still uses a 28.8. Please? Please stop by? (The link opens in a new window for you.) Survey results will be posted here, and on that page.

------------------
post by ��Cody�� the Insane One :-)

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*kisses his LAN connection*

*nelsonspeak* HA HA!

------------------
Jeff Raven - Having more fun than any human being should be allowed to have

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
:-P!!!!!!!!!!!!! LAN Rules!

------------------
post by ��Cody�� the Insane One :-)

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

*Tests out new signature*
14.4/28.8 Horror stories are welcome in this thread, too. I won't bore you with mine though.

------------------
I didn't do it. Nobody saw me do it. You can't prove a thing. :-) ....
http://codychat.hypermart.net/mahsurvey/ : Do you use a 28.8? A 56.6?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, since I'm a tight-arse, I use whatever people give me, so at the moment I'm on a 33.6. But I should have a 55.6 before the end of the month.

hey, I spent god knows how much moeny on a PII, BX motherboard, AWE64 and a Millenium G200. And now I'm saving for a SB Live. Give me a break.

------------------
'Those are the headlines. Happy now?'
-Chris Morris.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, in your survey, you're missing the various *DSL connections, fractional T1s and frame relays (56K, 128K, 256K, 384K, 512K, 768K), bonded ISDN (128K), PRI (the superbonded ISDN...I hope I have the initials right), E1 and E3 for our European users, and all kinds of other connections which I don't remember at the moment. And the "Ethernet" option makes no sense, since that's only for LANs, not Internet connections. I mean, even if you're on an ISP or college or company Ethernet, they still have to connect somehow.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Ultra Magnus: "I know you're bored, Rodimus, but with the mantle of leadership comes obligations."
Rodimus Prime: "I don't suppose I could interest you in a used mantle?"

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cody: If it helps at ALL, I have a 56K but I only connect at a 26.4... on a GOOD day! Sometimes it's even slower than that!

And on the other computer where we have a 36.6 (though it's kinda useless now, seeing how the commports aren't responding) it actually connects at a 31.2.... No fair! :-P

Anyway, I'm sorry Cody, and I DO feel your pain... remember how I used to have a 14.4 modem? *L* YOU were actually the one that talked us into upgrading, though we only went to the 36.6... hehehe.... THANKS FOR THAT ADVICE! :-D

~LOA

------------------
Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives......

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My 33.6 modem connects at 31.2 also. I guess that's not so bad.

--Baloo

------------------
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use my university's LAN when I'm up here. But at home, my 56 Kflex connects at 24.0 on a good day. The phone lines in my house are so old...

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

PsyLiam : I'm sick and tired of having this computer, now. So many people are telling me about their systems.....ARGH. I should have expanded this MODEM thread to include COMPUTERS. *LOL*

Hey, can anyone beat my system? :-) ((HA!!!!))
CPU : Cyrix Pentium 200MHz
Ram : 32 MB
HDD : 1.0Gb x 3 (3 1.O Gig. hard drives)
Vid : SVGA PCI with 1MB of Video Ram
Snd : Sound Blaster 16
Mdm : No-name brand 28.8 Kbps Modem

The Shadow : Yes, I know. I don't exactly know all the connection types out there....=)

LOA,Siegfried, Baloo : Hmmmm. All you's are telling me that you have fast modems but they connect slowly. At least if I got a 56.6, I am damn sure it would CONNECT at 56.6 :-D I love being in Vancouver with it's advanced ISPs...hehehe...

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, now you know most of the connection types, so put them in.

I have one of Apple's nifty new blue G3 towers...350 MHz PowerPC 750, 1 MB cache...9.1 Ultra/Wide 9.1 GB Seagate Barracuda...etc...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Ultra Magnus: "I know you're bored, Rodimus, but with the mantle of leadership comes obligations."
Rodimus Prime: "I don't suppose I could interest you in a used mantle?"

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

The Shadow : Put them in.......hmmmm.....that would mean editing my Perl, and, those who had a connection type that wasn't on my list would have to re-take the survey. Pleh.

------------------

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

Survey Results So Far . . .
1. 56.6 Kbps Modem : 6 Users
2. 33.6 Kbps Modem : 3 Users
3. Cable Modem : 2 Users
4. ISDN (64k) : 1 User
5. T1 Line : 1 User
Survey powered by CoddWare - Take survey
http://codychat.hypermart.net/

------------------

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm the lone #5er...

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

WHOOPS......I forgot to include myself in the survey. Yes, that's right. I'm the lone #6er .......The survey has so far failed. It's purpose was to find out if anyone was still using a 28.8, other than me. *WHINE OF PROTEST* NO!! Hehe

Survey Results So Far . . .
1. 56.6 Kbps Modem : 6 Users
2. 33.6 Kbps Modem : 3 Users
3. Cable Modem : 2 Users
4. ISDN (64k) : 1 User
5. T1 Line : 1 User
6. 28.8 Kbps Modem : 1 User
Survey powered by CoddWare - Take survey
http://codychat.hypermart.net/

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps