Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Swedish EMU-vote... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Swedish EMU-vote...
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could send you some, you know. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could, too. But my closet is currently full. Of things Nim doesn't want to meet.

So, what sort of artwork should have gone with Swedish Euro coins? ABBA in the twofer, Bj�rn Borg in the 1�, kn�ckebr�d or dalah�st in the cents? It seems the artists got their deadline pushed back a bit.

Timo Saloniemi

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had we gotten a "Yes", they would've put Anna Lindh on the coin...

Ever since the 80's she's been slated as our first female prime minister to-be.
She would've succeeded G�ran Persson, though she herself never talked about it.
She walked in Olof Palme's footsteps, taking the same interest in international events and, in particular, human rights violations.

So in a way, we were robbed of our future, as the temporary successor to Lindh said.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes!

Though, let us wait and see what my address will be in a week.

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm.

[ September 17, 2003, 02:17 AM: Message edited by: Nim ]

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I can send him Euros. Unfortunately I spent all my Greek Euro coins in Italy, so all I have at the moment are Italian Euros. If you like I'll try to assemble a selection of Czech coins as well, although you'll have to wait a coupla months for those. 8)

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dream of wandering around Yakima waving a fistful of euros in the faces of innocent merchants and accusing them of not taking real currency. There's a friend of my family who travels a lot, and has a fancy collector's booklet filled with all the euro coins available at the time, but I want to weigh down my pockets with them, rattle them together as I walk, listening to Kraftwerk and thumbing through a dogeared copy of Nausea.

I also wonder what secret messages Nim was transmitting.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hypothetical situation: I am given a person shifting machine, and I can become anybody in the world.

I make a list of people to be. Maybe not first, or second, or third, or even in the top ten, or twenty, or maybe even thirty or forty, but Simon Sizer is on that list, somewhere.

Lee
Member # 393

Fallen 2: Dangling

--------------------

Nim
Member # 205

Well, I suppose you've got time on your side.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps