Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Patriotic or Disrespectful? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Patriotic or Disrespectful?
Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously, he's suggesting that we Americans are imperialists like the East India Company and its relationship with India. Ah well, I suppose next he'll suggest that because the Nazis and Romans used eagles, that really says something about people who use the eagle as a symbol, too...
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good point. I never would have thought of that, but now that you mention it...
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We should have listened to Ben Franklin...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:

As for which country has the best looking flag, it's all a matter of opinion. I don't know how you could think it's ugly Topher. One of the things that make it stand out is it's easily recognizable by almost everyone. The only other flags that I can think of off the top of my head that are just as recognizable are the UK's, Canada, Austraila, Japan. So many other countries have flags that are mostly the same colors just organized in a different pattern.

Exactly: not even attractive colors either: purple and orange should never be together on a flag.
The color brown should be excluded entirely. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't aware that there were any countries with purple on their flag, much less any with both purple and orange (orange isn't very common, either).
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no purple and orange squadron!

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a flag to wave around at parades or something when I was in this age demographic.

My roommate really wanted to go see Ozzfest in Auburn.

Therefore I think I can safely say that I'm the most qualified person to comment on this, and I say it is silly.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol System: "My roommate really wanted to go see Ozzfest in Auburn."

They have flagwaving in Austere, very fast, verry dangerous.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Wales is not the country.

Well, technically no, but try telling them that.

(And the whole situation is confusing anyway. I've read "The countries that make up the United Kingdom" more than once, but since they are all ultimatly ruled by Parliamnent, then you could argue that the UK is the country too.)

(And in any event, Tim is right...that is all they have going for them.)

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't tread on me.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Wales is not the country.

Well, technically no, but try telling them that.

(And the whole situation is confusing anyway. I've read "The countries that make up the United Kingdom" more than once, but since they are all ultimatly ruled by Parliamnent, then you could argue that the UK is the country too.)

(And in any event, Tim is right...that is all they have going for them.)

Well, technically four nations (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland/Ulster) make up the United Kingdom (the state). So we are a multi-national state. Of course, it all gets rather complicated with the Irish and Cornish and so on, not to mention that there's been so much inter-breeding over the years (except in Boston) that it's probably just easier to say British and Britain. And that's the simple version...

quote:
What I want to know is, where does your average Iraqi mob GET an American flag to burn? Is there a thriving cottage industry in knockoff flags for burning at rallies and riots? Or are they buying them online from burnourflag.com?

I sense a business opportunity. Maybe we could make flags that burn with different colours, like fireworks...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabye we could make edible flags: perfect for ending the fas at Ramadan.
Later, we could branch out into insence sented flags: nothing soothes the arab spirit like the relaxing burning of an armoatherapy flag....

Heck, we could make kinda a "western" collage of all the flags the Jihad is against- to get the maximum disrespect from each burned effigy....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps