Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Seeya Saddam! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Seeya Saddam!
Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The people who are feeling sorry for Saddam are doing it for two reasons:

1) Saddam was the enemy of the US, so he was 'obviously' the good guy... in their view.

2) Saddam was only killing Jews and Kurds, or 'people not worth caring about'... in their view.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My two cents...yeah the man deserved to die, but now he won't get tried for other war crimes, so THOSE families don't have closure...plus, he was still a human being, there wasn't any need to interrupt his final prayers, mock him, kick him, and hang him without letting him prepare himself. Seriously, what ever happened to not lowering yourself to your enemy's level...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er...they did not "interrupt his final prayers" with tghe mocking- all of that took place as he was being led to the knoose.

Whatever the circumstances, Saddam was a monster that (for the record) killed far more of his own (muslim) people than anything else while maintaning power.

Note that no one really cared when the corpses of his two sadist fucko sons were shown to the world: everyone agreed the should be put down like rabid dogs.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...killed far more of his own (muslim) people..."

You must subscribe to the Trent Lott "they all look the same to me" school of understanding.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not at all- consider all the young men he sent to die in the ill-concieved wars alone, not to mention the mass graves outside of the prisons full of former political enemies.

So many Iraqi men died during the various conflicts that many Iraqi women fear they will never marry or can not afford to be choosy (according to an NPR report by several Iraqi women, anyway). He managed to almost depopulate a whole generation of young men.

I dont think even the adamant Saddam supporter could claim Vanguard's assertiuon that "Saddam was only killing Jews and Kurds".

Hell of a lot of muslim Kuwaiti's died during Iraq's invasion of that country while the world issued ultimatums as well.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, should we get the Iraqi women together with the Chinese men? [Roll Eyes]
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great idea!!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently the Saddam hanging has caused a numbre of copycat hangings throughout the world. Younger kids who saw the video are hanging themselves. Plus the fact that Saddam's half brother was decapitated during his execution.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I dont think even the adamant Saddam supporter could claim Vanguard's assertiuon that 'Saddam was only killing Jews and Kurds'."

Well, I don't think Vanguard was making that assertion. I think he was accusing others of making that assertion.

But my point was more in reference to the idea that SH was killing "his own people", meaning Muslims. When, of course, he only would have seen Sunnis as "his own people".

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Ah....now I see your point.
Strangely enough, Saddam still had supporters in the Shiate(sp?) areas where the trains ran on time and the power usually stayed on.

But people are shallow and base when their creature comforts are threatened- many would prefer a dictatorship that mostly oppressed "someone else" if it meant stability or even a more orderly life in fear than the current situation.

That bit with Saddam's half brother being decapitated "as an act of God" is pretty crass- as though he was somehow worse than Saddam himself and deserving of a more gruesome death.
My guess is that they hung him with piano wire (or something simmular).
After all, the locals have seen many a hanging, but never a decapitation via knoose. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reason his head came off was because they gave him too much rope. He dropped like 8 feet, when only 5 would have been sufficient to kill him instantly. At least that's what the frizzy white haired dude on CNN said.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps