Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Fantasyland tmoves to theWhite House (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Fantasyland tmoves to theWhite House
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ush Boosts Defense, Trims Medicare in Record Budget (Update3)

quote:
eb. 5 (Bloomberg) -- President George W. Bush sent Congress a record $2.9 trillion spending blueprint for the coming year that seeks billions in savings from Medicare and Medicaid, boosts defense spending 12 percent and projects a surplus in five years.

Bush's budget, his first to a Congress controlled by Democrats, reflects the priorities of his presidency: the war in Iraq and homeland security. It also lays out a menu of politically perilous cuts affecting the poor, the elderly and the disabled.

The budget for the year beginning Oct. 1 boils down to an opening offer to Congress in the haggling over how much money will be available for hundreds of programs. Democrats already are greeting the package skeptically. They likely will challenge Bush on several fronts, criticize omissions such as long-term costs for Iraq and rewrite the plan to suit their own priorities in a year leading into presidential elections.

``I doubt that Democrats will support this budget, and frankly, I will be surprised if Republicans rally around it either,'' Representative John Spratt, a South Carolina Democrat and chairman of the House Budget Committee, said in a statement.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yay war boo health care

--------------------
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the American government can impeach a president for not being able to keep his dick out of the interns, but not when a president throws away thousands of lives and billions of dollars on a war that will inevitably fail...

Oh well, at least they're starting to learn that giving Bush more money is like giving a two year old a pack of matches.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me say this very slowly: Clinton. Was impeached. For perjury. Saying otherwise is lying. Perjury is a very serious crime, of the "lock you up for decades" variety, regardless of what you happen to be lying about. Yes, Bush should be impeached. Clinton should have been as well. It's the correct response to your president committing serious crimes.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Perjury is a very serious crime, of the "lock you up for decades" variety, regardless of what you happen to be lying about.
Bullshit. I have two words for you. Jeffery Archer.

As for Bush, what's the point of impeaching him? It would acheive nothing, and might even have the effect of vindicating the terrorists (I'm assuming these will be the sheep like follower / cannon fodder / suicide bomber types). The only solution is to make sure that an arse liek him does not get into the White House next time, and to ensure that Blair's sucessor has some sort of backbone, and an ability to tell a m,odicum of truth.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

quote:
Originally posted by Da_bang80:
So the American government can impeach a president for not being able to keep his dick out of the interns, but not when a president throws away thousands of lives and billions of dollars on a war that will inevitably fail...

Oh well, at least they're starting to learn that giving Bush more money is like giving a two year old a pack of matches.

remember we're at war now ya traitor

[ February 07, 2007, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Jay the Obscure ]

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha, I'm Canadian remember? I owe no allegiance to the American nation or its leader.

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The main problem with impeaching Bush is that, even if he's convicted, Cheney will still be president.

Also, perjury may have been the legal charge against Clinton, but it was still the sex that got them all upset. That was the real reason for the impeachment. It's just that it isn't illegal, so they had to use the perjury. If they could have charged him with "first degree blowjob reception" or "misusing a cigar with malicious intent" or something, they would have.

Da_bang80
Member # 528

quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"misusing a cigar with malicious intent"

I don't even want to know... [Eek!]

--------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think most plans involve impeaching Cheney simultaneously...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm no expert on the matter, but just to clarify, impeachment does *not* equate to getting kicked out of office. Clinton was impeached, after all.
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

listen to ththis
is analysis of the budget from kcrw I found it very interesting

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ha, I'm Canadian remember? I owe no allegiance to the American nation or its leader.

Neither do I. *moons America* Kiss my Chinese Canadian, 75% commie bastard ASS!!!!

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just make sure you don't point it at Texas, or they'll start worshiping it or something. Not that I'm implying that they could see it from there [Big Grin]

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"misusing a cigar with malicious intent"

I don't even want to know... [Eek!]
I don't think the intent was malicious

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps