Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » I hate the GOP (Page 13)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: I hate the GOP
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:
My only question now is: When the heck are we going to have to decent candidates run?

Well, you can write me in to whatever ballot you'd like....I promise to do whatever will amuse me the most while keeping the deathtoll to a minimum.
Hmmm.....maybe head of the FCC or EPA.
Oh! NORAD- I'd be good at that: I could make a bunch of Stargate fan-films too. [Smile]

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
quote:
I suppose all that remains to be said at this point is, now will all you Yanks just get out there and VOTE?!

If you don't, you don't have anything to complain about.

Someone posted a good analogy on /. the other day for that argument. Say there's only one restaurant in town, and the only two meals they offer are a rotten fish and a manure sandwich. If you refuse to eat either, do you still have the right to complain about being hungry?

Of course, the proper solution is to realize there are plenty of restaurants around, and it's just the one restaurant that wants you to think it's the only one. [Smile]

VOTE THIRD PARTY!

You will note, I hope, that I didn't make any specifications as to whom one whould vote for.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...oops.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Well, you can write me in to whatever ballot you'd like....I promise to do whatever will amuse me the most while keeping the deathtoll to a minimum.
Hmmm.....maybe head of the FCC or EPA.
Oh! NORAD- I'd be good at that: I could make a bunch of Stargate fan-films too. [Smile]

This from someone whose screen surname means: "(Hebrew אבדון Avaddon, Greek Apollyon, Latin Exterminans, meaning "A place of destruction", "The Destroyer", "Depths of Hell") in demonology, is chief of the demons of the seventh hierarchy. In the Revelation of St. John, Abaddon is the King of tormenting locusts and the angel of the bottomless pit. (KJV, Rev. 9:1-11)"

[Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, his screen name means "someone named Don who enjoys the music of Abba".
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it's the greek thing but whenever anyone says "Abbaddon" they inevitibly pronounce the silent second "d" which makes the name sound like it's being said by mushmouth from the fat Albert show.

The closest direst translation is "The Destroyer"- from the greek god o' destrction, which the Church later tacked all that demonology stuff onto.
That whole "Angel of The Bottomless Pit" gag is from a story wherein I'm supposed to "bind Satan for a thousand years" but that sonds like a real chore, so if anyone asks, I already did it, okay? [Wink]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abaddon = mythological demon dude.

Abbadon = Abba fan named Don

Abbaddon = um... A Don who has sub-par abdominal muscles? I don't even know. Learn to spell.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Spellin is fer folks yew want to impress.
Yew is all kinfolk by now. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no, ain't gonna fall for that old xylemology trick!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Oh yes you are- although I dont know what exactly xylemology means- you're falling for it weither you like it or not!
I get half your stuff when you die and you get to live in a double-wide trailer with cousin Lurlene and her kids from many fathers from now on.
She's a wiatress at the Waffle House so she'll like as not bring you home some food, so you'll be sittin' pretty as long as the beer supply holds out.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Xylem = trees? Yew is tree, da?

Wait a fuck, after I die I get to live in a trailer park with food workers? And beer? Is this some sort of inverse Grim Fandango knockoff, this timeline? And wait just a fuck, you get half my stuff when I die? So at some point we will be married? Why didn't I have/will get a prenup?

Man, I have to clear my schedule, all I had in the calendar was "buy ravioli" and "show your mom a good time", then basically just coasting until the year 2025 and the rise of the old gods (jesus, buddha and elvis, who will merge, and the weight of Jebudelvis creates a black hole thus eating the world and all our problems are over). But this changes everything!

Hope you can still get into your prom dress Jason, cuz this is gonna be AWESOME! *gangsign*

And how about that GOP? Man I hate it!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

You wont hate the GOP in the future- all those NRA nuts are gonna come in real handy as fodder for that "rise of the Old Gods" thing- it'll give us time to get to the spaceships to take up safely away to....er...
Well, we'll have thought of something by then, I'm sure.
Also, I dont need to marry you to get all your stuff when you die- (sorry I led you on like that, I like you, but only as a friend, you understand, it's not you: it's me- I'm just not looking for for a relationship now: you're a great guy and I'm sure you'll make some lucky Flareite a happy man/woman/hermaphrodite someday soon, I hope you understand, we'll still be friends and all, really: I'll call you- you're special) I just need you to get injured, doped up at the hospital and sign Power Of Attorney over to me: I'm a notary and everything so it'll all be legal-like.

As to your "buy ravioli" plan, it's a mistake- that Chef Boyardee stuff is death, man- nothing with greasy bright orange sauce can possibly be healthy.

As to "showing my mom a good time", I'll leave you to your fantasies: I shudder uncontrollably at the thought that my parents once coupled to spawn myself. I mean, damn: just think of your parents getting frisky for a moment and you'll know true horror.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
Member # 205

Doping me up, playing the schyster-card, insulting my shiny sauces...the nerve!
Now I am like this grr
 -

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

First you want to marry me, then you speak of "shiny sauces" and now you post an image representing yourself as a gerbil of some sort....

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a hedgehog.

Turns out, they make great projectiles.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps