Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » The War Between the Sexes: First Strike (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The War Between the Sexes: First Strike
Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jarysh

Mistake Number One: You were not yourself. You engaged in things that you really did care for just to gain the attention of this young lady. Always be yourself. Experience and accumulated knowledge will change you. If someone doesn't like you for who you are, then they will never be good enough for you.

------------------
"What is that? A tank?"
--Our Lord and Savior David Koresh, the Second Coming snuffed out before He could any good.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Odd. I'm nothing like the normal teenage female and I still don't get a guy. I think you're trying too hard, Jarish, but whatever I say isn't gonna help, so I'll just save it. Some people are just like that. One day in school I overheard one girl talking to another.

"Just get everything you want then dump him."

I felt like punching her in the face.

------------------
"I would be delighted to offer any advice I can on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know."
--Picard to Data, "In Theory"

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, since then I've lost all ability to be embarrassed. I am extremely true to myself, since I no longer worry about much. It's a true liberation to say whatever you think. *LOL*

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

IP: Logged
Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheer up, Jaresh. Just because you haven't found the ONE yet, it doesn't mean that you won't. Who knows, somewhere down the line you'll find someone. (It took me 20 years to find someone)

------------------
I'll get you for this Gadget!!!! MEEEEE-ROWWRRRR.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some unfortunate guy wanted to go out with a girl in his class. He asked her out.

She asked him: Do you have a car?

He said: No.

She said: Come back when you have one.

That explains my gripe. End of story.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You touched my soul.
You Let the light of your heart enter mine.
Lifting me from this eternal night,
I embraced your warmth around me.
When I looked in your eyes,
I knew that I loved you.
I became entangled, I couldn't get away.
But it changed...Your love was not as mine.
Cut off, broken loose,
It ached.
I return to my waiting,
Once again cold,
Once again alone.

Alas, I am sure, it is better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all...

------------------
"I do whatever the voice of Charles Capps tells me to do."

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least that way you'll have that much more in common with the rest of humanity.

How come a potential means of personal growth and source of nurturing is such a hotbed of acrimony?

--Baloo

------------------
Have a place for everything and keep the thing somewhere else; this is not advice, it is merely custom.
-- MARK TWAIN
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the way I feel about that particular subject is best expressed by a quote, from all places, 'Men in Black'.

quote:
J: Well, like Shakespeare said, "Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all."

K: Try it sometime.

At least, that's the way I see it.

------------------
"I see you have the ring. And that your Schwartz is as big as mine!
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the way I see it, too.

------------------
"I would be delighted to offer any advice I can on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know."

Saiyanman Benjita
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, that is true. But someday, if you try hard enough, you may get that love back, or something better.

------------------
I'll get you for this Gadget!!!! MEEEEE-ROWWRRRR.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

Well, it doesn't always work that way. Sometimes you don't want the person back but it's hard to let go. Confusing, isn't it?

------------------

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh*

------------------
"Fear attracts the fearful"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

Saiyanman Benjita
Member # 122

I completely understand, Tora.

------------------
Saving the world: $50.
Saving the universe: $1,000,000
Saving your marraige: Sorry, I don't do that.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps