Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » The War Between the Sexes: First Strike (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The War Between the Sexes: First Strike
Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(I didn't feel like waiting for three females to respond to Baloo so I could then maybe post this. I've been holding it inside for three years, and that's long enough.)

Why didn't you accept me? I tried to so hard to be anything you could ever want. I took an interest in thing that didn't interest me, I tried to learn about your culture and your family, I befriended your friends, even though I didn't like them.

I tried to help you in everyway I could. I angered my friends because I was so focused on you, I made enemies when people bad mouthed you. I thought about you all day and dreaming about you at night. When I came to school every morning I was vaguely nervous until I saw that you were there. And I was unhappy when you weren't'

I tried to be everything that you could ever want. I focused on you, I talked about you and wrote about you, I even created a character for you in my Star Trek series. I went to my sister's dance competitions on the off chance that I might see you there.

Why, after three years, did you have to fall for Rob? Why couldn't you at least have choosen someone nice, someone who wanted you because of who you are, not because he liked your body?

Why wasn't I good enough?

Fuck...

IP: Logged
Feste
Ex-Member

Well, Jaresh, there are two hard things to accept:

1. You can't make somebody love you back no matter how much you love them.

2. All your love can't make somebody live if they're determined to die.

*cue Patsy Cline album*

------------------
"'I'm afraid there's nowhere for you to sit,' I said coldly; 'the verandah is full of goats.'" --Saki "The Guests"

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*knows #1 really well*

------------------
"I do whatever the voice of Charles Capps tells me to do."

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jaresh, the truth is she wasn't good enough for you and did you a favor by leaving you. If she doesn't want a nice guy and is so immature that she feels better with a jerk, that's her problem.

Find someone else mature enough to know what she has with you.

------------------
It's all about the Pentiums, Baby!

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad Fact of Lfe #1:

Women are almost ALWAYS attracted to the jerks in life.

We don't know why, we don't even know we're DOING until afterwards.... but women are almost ALWAYS attracted to the jeks in their life before the nice guys..... it's really sad and annoying, but i can totally attest to it's validity....

I'm sorry about your situation though... just keep in mind that things WILL get better from here... they always get better...

~LOA

------------------
"Show us the lost and dying world
Remove the scales from our eyes
And as we go through all the earth
May our hearts weep for our lives..." FOM '99

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hey, I'm a jerk. No women though.

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, bryce, that is not necessarily true. Just because she didn't want Jaresh doesn't mean she was being immature. The truth is that women are just plain hard to figure out. *LOL* .....

The fact is, that no matter how hard you try, and how hard you work, if it wasn't meant to be it wasn't meant to be. You can't make her love you, and no amount of work is going to change that.

I'm sorry that this hurts.... I know it does, because I experienced it for almost a year myself. But that's the way of things. I'm sure you'll find someone out there who is going to see how wonderful you are, and want you, and love you in return.... Sometimes it just takes a little time.

------------------
"Angels, answer me,
are you near if rain should fall?
Am I to believe
you will rise to calm the storm?
For so great a treasure words will never do.
Surely, if this is, promises are mine to give you.
mine to give........ "
~ Enya

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, if she is actracted to guys that treat her bad then she is immature.

------------------

[This message has been edited by bryce (edited July 25, 1999).]

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

He doesn't treat her bad, but I was his friend and he told me his true intent.

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

OK

------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know how you feel Jaresh. I have suffered through the same situation for three years. I'd like to bring up a quote that my friend gave me which has been on my mind for those same three years:

"Good guys always finish last"

This means that the nice caring guys, who have nothing much to offer to a woman except someone who is caring, compassionate, understanding, etc, etc, almost NEVER gets the girls. Meanwhile, the guys who have the money, the car, the cellphone, and everything else BUT a great personality seems to be a huge magnet for them. It got so bad for me that I asked myself if I was going to stay forever single or something.

For three years before I met my present gf, I have struggled with trying to find someone to be with. During those years, I have met many nice girls, but all of them seemed to avoid me like the plague and go for someone I once or still know. It came to be such that every girl I would meet I would instantly set her up with someone else because I knew that there are a negative-infinity chance that I could spend many happy years with her.

I guess you could say that my struggles are over. I have been going out with my present gf for almost 1 2/3 years now, and frankly, she is almost everything I want her to be. One tip for all those single people: do not expect to find someone who is 100% to your expectations. Nobody's perfect.

Bottom line, Jaresh, it will take some time to find someone who would want to stay with you for a very long time. For some people, it may take weeks, but for others, it may take your entire life. And when you do, those problems you had will be nothing but a long-ago memory.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

[This message has been edited by Tahna Los (edited July 25, 1999).]

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been there. Flowers, brownies poems. Roses on Valetines day. eveything but begged. Never beg. I let it go after a while. I'm still attracked to her, but I don't ask her out anymore. To many other girls out there.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU?

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

That's pretty much the same as me, Kosh. Anyway, thanks all, you're all great. If anyone else would like to begin whining now, you have my permission. I've taken enough time, since this wasn't what Baloo had in mind.

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not all women are attracted to men with money, and a car, and etc, etc, etc.....

I only go after men with a good personality, and I dont' give to craps about all that other stuff.

------------------
"Angels, answer me,
are you near if rain should fall?
Am I to believe
you will rise to calm the storm?
For so great a treasure words will never do.
Surely, if this is, promises are mine to give you.
mine to give........ "
~ Enya

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to chime in with my own opinion at this time.

Women often, but not invariably, seem to have the psychic ability to choose the one man who is screwed up exactly to her specifications. I'm pretty sure men also have this ability, but the bottom line is that the "walks-all-over-them" types seem to have no difficulty finding the doormats.

This is distressing.

And just an observation.

--Baloo

------------------
Have a place for everything and keep the thing somewhere else; this is not advice, it is merely custom.
-- MARK TWAIN
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps