Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Does life after high school rule? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Does life after high school rule?
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then what about stage/concert band? A little above marching band in the social scene, but farther down than rock bands.

Still, I can't see a rock band playing "Thus Sprach Zarathustra."

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which is good, but everyone leaves after the first 3 minutes when they realise that they don't know the full version. Like playing Carmina Burana.

Besides, the best piece of classical music ever is the final movement from the New World Symphony. Or possibly Beethoven's Ninth. Moevements 2 and 4.

And the best instrument is the French Horn anyway. Or Trombone. They get the cool parts. So the answer, if you want to be cool and still play decent music, is to learn the French Horn and Rhythem Guitar (less pressure than the lead, but you can still dance across the stage).

Still, as a member of a marching band, it's about as cool as wearing white socks with Doc Martins. With shorts. And a tank-top. That's purple. With a "Kiss me quick" hat.

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I just can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whew...I thought you were talking about my wardrobe there, but I have a green tanktop, so I'm still cool.

I think in any good band, the Lead player (Which I aspire to be), accentuates the rythym player by augmenting certain notes and/or chords during a riff. Well, at least I think it's cool.

Besides, everyone knows the Lead Singer gets all the women.

------------------
I bet when Neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would
always end up saying "Don't forget the big heavy eyebrows." Then they would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big hunky eyebrows too, and then they would get mad and eat the snowman.

-Jack Handey

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a myth. Lead singers may get tail, but not as much as the guitarists. Women seem to have some thing about guys who use their hands so well. At least that's what one once told me. Drummers, too, get chicks, although generally the wierd ones.

And the ONLY sort of band that is cool is rock related. That extends to jazz, blues (where we get rock) and of course, rap.

------------------
"No, I don't have a gun" - Kurt Cobain
Come As You Are, Nirvana

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David: Thanks, that explained a lot.

------------------
--Then, said Cranly, do you not intend to become a protestant?
--I said that I had lost the faith, Stephen answered, but not that I had lost self-respect. What kind of liberation would that be to forsake an absurdity which is logical and coherent and to embrace one which is illogical and incoherent?

James Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE the guitar... and the man I marry WILL be a guitar player.....

As for who gets the chicks, Right now the only two people in the band I hang out with that DON'T have girlfriends are the lead vocalist and the lead guitar player (both of whom I've been informed I'll someday marry).... hehehe... so there goes THAT theory.... even the SOUND guy has a GF... in fact... he's ALWAYS got a GF... hmmmmmm.............

~LOA

------------------
"The battle is raging inside my weary heart
screaming for me to let it all go...
My body is weak and I can't take the struggle anymore...
the love that was here is filled up by anger and rage..." ~FOM

David Sands
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for David Sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No problem at all, Tora! It's been fun discussing it.

------------------
"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Tao to survivial or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed."

"...attaining one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence."

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War, 6th century B.C.E.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps