Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » My favorite Amendment... (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: My favorite Amendment...
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*the United Kingdom coughs loudly*

------------------
"Obesity. Adiposity. Corpulence. Whatever word you use, it represents one thing: being a big fatass."

Geraldo Rivera

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Yeah, you're a US puppet government, and you know it.

thass' a joke.

(rhetorical question)
But if the UK rules, why do Ireland, Scotland, and (I hear now) Wales, make squeaks about independence?

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because they're boring people who have nothing else to do?

Strangely, the Scottish and Irish people I've met do seem to love enforcing cultural sterotypes.

My brother-in-laws Scottish. When England's playing, he'll support them. Scotland's playing, he'll support them. Scotland beat England recently he was happy. His Scottish dad on the other hand wouldn't let us live it down. Kept going on and on about.

Likewise, Irish grandparents who have to watch ANYTHING Irish on TV, even if it is the yearly looking at hairy Irish backs competition.

It's mainly the older generation that want it. And the young generation that isn't getting sex.

It's also British nature. People in Liverpool complain about parliment being in London, saying that they only make rules for southern poofs. Now, considering that the distance between Liverpool and London is smaller than most US states, it shows you how much diversity we pack into such a small packet.

Of course, Monty'll be back soon, and he can clear it
up.

------------------
"Obesity. Adiposity. Corpulence. Whatever word you use, it represents one thing: being a big fatass."

Geraldo Rivera

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Oh, and don't worry. I can take jokes at my expense. Ya big fat girl's blouse.

------------------

Geraldo Rivera

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, England does rock. I've been there a couple of times, and it seems nice enough.

Plus, Sherlock Holmes came from London, so that's a bonus.

Canada's good, too.

------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. Alright, give me the bomb" -Ultra Magnus, Fight or Flee

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They wish for independence for the same reason Puerto Rico does, the African-Americans did before the FBI destroyed their movement, and the AIM did before the FBI brutally attacked them at Oglala and dealt a severe blow to the movement. People want to be ruled by themselves, generally.

And as both Daryus and Liam can attest, I have spent significant amount of times picking their brains about their respective countries for my interest of moving there. In fact, I plan to move to either England or Australia whence I get the money and my degree (unless the call of Kurt is too strong and I go to Seattle). I had planned to go to NATO member Germany (which is why I'm learning the language) but then I found out how much they dislike Slavs and I decided against it. Of course I'm not going to move to most of the places the US supresses. Why? White Man's Burden. The US is a neo-colonial power, and as such, rarely oppress their white, english speaking brethren. I am, unfortunately, without facility for language, so I'm restricted to countries in which English is predominant. That leaves Canada, US, UK, India, and Australia. Canada is just too goddamned cold, and India is actually worse than the US in terms of living conditions, so that leaves two other places, both of which I'm looking into. So, unless you expect me to carve "4 Real" into my arm, you'll have to take my word and be sure that, like Johnny Rotten, I mean it man.

Wow, got in references to Nirvana, Manic Street Preachers, and Sex Pistols all in one post. Impressive.

------------------
"All in all is all we are" - Kurt Cobain
All Apologies, Nirvana

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoah! Canada's much too damn cold?

Who's following stereotypes now?

Seriously, its not bad at all. For example, Vancouver and its surrounding area have a(n almost depressingly) British climate. Other than the far north or the extreme interior of the country where there isn't much oceanic moisture, things are no different than the northern US.

So there.

------------------
"BTW, I've just made that Harry Potter/Alexander Pope quote my new sig. :-)"
-Tim Nix, December 31, 1999

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I think eastern PA is too damned cold :-)

------------------
"All in all is all we are" - Kurt Cobain
All Apologies, Nirvana

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Of course, Sherlock Holmes also took vaste amounts of Heroin, so that's an even bigger bonus.

BTW, Australia is the only other country I'd consider moving to. And I plan on seeing it after uni.

------------------

Geraldo Rivera

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too Goddamned cold?
We were hotter than LA for a bit here in November.

It snowed on January 1st, for the first time this winter.

------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. Alright, give me the bomb" -Ultra Magnus, Fight or Flee

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited January 07, 2000).]

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's too cold here? Then why, pray tell, do I go to the north-eastern U.S. to ski (where there has been more snow and colder temperatures this year, on average, compared to my area)? =P

You don't want me on one of my stereotype rants again.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Pity, cause I've memorised all the lyrics to the "Blame Canada" song from the South Park movie. Give me a while and I'll have a score done too.

------------------

Geraldo Rivera

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps