Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Creeping Environmentalism... (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Creeping Environmentalism...
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) The Teamsters want to support the drilling in the ANWR as it benefits their members greatly. So the Teamsters are not thinking of the environment, they are only concerned (like other companies) about the money that flows from it. I'm well aware that the Teamsters usually back up environmental causes.

2) Never trust a guy by the name of Hoffa

3) The Environmentalists claim that the 2000 Acres proposed can mean a network of drilling sites that are scattered about the ANWR. That has the potential to cause more problems than if the 2000 acres is limited to one area. I may be wrong though. Think of a bunch of small explosives strategically placed around a ship compared to one large explosive confined to one area of the ship.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course the Teamsters support it, for the reasons Tahna stated. See, the Democratic party isn't monolithic. It's made up of innumerable special-interest groups, that all have widely different, and sometimes contradictory, goals. They simply have one thing in common: to accomplish those goals, the government must expand to unacceptable porportions.

Maybe we ought to play the divide-and-conquor game, like they do with the American people in general...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow.

Apparently, in Omega's world, the GOP has no special interest groups either.

And it's reassuring to know that you're still waiting for Government Shock Troops to bang on your door and fill you with lead.

Actually, I'm kind of looking forward to that.
Of course, it'll probably be members of the far-right wing militia members who probably cheered when the Federal office building in Oklahoma blew up.

But, then, hey.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"See, the Democratic party isn't monolithic. It's made up of innumerable special-interest groups, that all have widely different, and sometimes contradictory, goals."

Much like the Republican party?

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quite possible.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lets see now, we've got the Canadian Alliance Party here in Canada. They are regarded as the equivalents to the US Republicans.

They are supported by:
- the Canadian Branch of the NRA
- Canadian Federation of Taxpayers
- Canadian Federation of Business
- More Business Groups
- Various right-wing groups
- Pro-Life Alliance
- Various Religious groups

Name one of these which is not considered to be a Special Interest group. After all, I'm pretty sure that the Republicans have their equivalents in the US.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Quite possible

Well, see? Why not just say that all political parties have their own special interests to deal with ... ?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps