Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Yee haw!!! One of the local churches at my location is gonna have a book burnin'!!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Yee haw!!! One of the local churches at my location is gonna have a book burnin'!!!
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's going to take place a little while from now. There are gonna be burning things like Harry Potter books and so forth becaused things like Harry Potter are EVIL!!!! THEY ARE THE WORK OF SATAN AND HIS MINIONS!!!!! I'll give you more info after the 11 o'clock news airs, telling me all about it.

Oh yeah. Hitler says hi!

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Church-people having a book-burning, eh? If that's allowed, can we book-people have a church-burning?
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMEN!!!!

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm afraid not, Tim. For churches to burn books, they're practicing their right to protest again Satan by burning the works of his minions. Burning churches, on the other hand, is just plain arson.

But, damn. Seriously, MIB. There's gonna be a book-burning near you? That's so 1930s. And scary. I'm having flashbacks to Farenheit 451.

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we book-lovers burn effigies of churches in front of a church? Little stuffed churches are no substitute for a wood-frame building, but hey, you take what you can get, right?

--------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

-Eleanor Arroway, "Contact" by Carl Sagan

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Burning books??!!

What are they, cave men??!!

"Book no good, must set flame on it to free our soul from the minions of evils"

Geez, get real!

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think burning effigies of churches in front of the real churches would be appropriate, either. The church officials could call the FBI and then the mess turns into a hate crime investigation.
Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw... How 'bout burning the Bible...? No, wouldn't work either, would it?

--------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

-Eleanor Arroway, "Contact" by Carl Sagan

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Idiots. Plain and simple.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Well, burning the Bible would depend on where you did it at. In front of a Christian church, they'd probably still call the FBI and the hate crime investigation continues. Burning the Bible in your own backyard wouldn't get you into any trouble at all. Well, except for with the Christian God but if you're burning the Bible, you probably don't believe in him anyway.
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh* How typical. The local 11 o'clock news, despite their promises, hardly covered it at all. As it turns out, they burned Harry Potter books, Pokemon cards, and martial arts movies. They did a quick interview of a woman who apparently took her husband's Rage Against the Machine CD and burned it along with everything else. I'm not clear on weather or not the woman's husband knew that she took it. There was also some stuff about burning these things because they are evil, and that burning them would clear away thier sins, and renew thier faith. Yep. You gotta love the bible-built south! YEEEEEEEE-HAWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!
IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Burning Pokémon stuff is okay, but not for the reasons these people have.

Someone needs to smack that lady that burned the Rage CD. Smack her a lot.

While burning bibles seems like a good idea at first, there remains the fact that you're still burning a book because you don't agree w/ the ideas in it. Which is what these people are doing. I'd much rather burn fake bibles. Get the point across symbolically w/o actually being a hypocrite.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While watching TBN today, I learned that some books need to be burned because the Devil puts hidden messages in them that cause cancer.
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why were you watching TBN today?

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, well, I've become convinced that Wes1701E's posts contain hidden messages that cause cancer, but you don't see me burning him. . . yet. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps