Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Yee haw!!! One of the local churches at my location is gonna have a book burnin'!!! (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Yee haw!!! One of the local churches at my location is gonna have a book burnin'!!!
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell us then, oh ultra-rightwinged conservative One, what IS the exact definition of christianity?

One who follows the teachings of Christ. These teachings boil down to: Love one another, because He loved you. Teach others the same. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Do you have the guts to tell all of them that they are not Christians because they don't follow YOUR idea of what Christians are?

Might not be a bad idea. Knock some sense into them. Of course, some of them might be using the religion as an excuse to kill, instead of as the reason, in which case rational discussion is impossible, but it varies from person to person.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Love one another, because He loved you. Teach others the same. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Like I keep saying... there AREN'T any Christians.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The_Tom:
It was a lot smaller when I was growing up - under 36,000 (including the farmers).

And yeah, we're talking Bible Belt!

Omega:
Yes, when it comes to Christians, I do count the goats with the sheep - after all, they count themselves in.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God won't. In fact, I think Christ used that exact analogy...

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
These teachings boil down to: Love one another, because He loved you. Teach others the same. Lather, rinse, repeat.

So Mohammed, Gandhi and, hell, Hubbard were Christians?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Mohammed believed in the Christian "God" in the same way that Christians believe in the Jewish "God"

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Love one another, because He loved you. Teach others the same. Lather, rinse, repeat."

If that's the be-all and end-all of it, what the hell is that whole "bible" dealie for?

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
While watching TBN today, I learned that some books need to be burned because the Devil puts hidden messages in them that cause cancer.

What does TBN stand for? THE BULLSHIT NETWORK? books don't cause cancer. microwaves ovens do, and sniffin stuff that you shouldn't be sniffin.

BURN POKEMON!!!! SEND THEM BACK TO SATAN!!! HE CREATED THEM TO TURN KIDS AWAY FROM GOOD STUFF!! LIKE PLAYING WITH FIRE, now theres a lost art if there ever was one. who would let thier kids watch a show where they put little animals into tiny balls, and take em out of those horrid things only to have them fight each other. CRUELTY TO ANIMALS!!! it was only after pokemon that i saw a story on the news about a kid who put his dog in a BBQ and roasted it alive.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trinity Broadcasting Network.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All Carrie-Ann Moss, all the time...
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, yeah, I got nude pics of her too. Oops, wrong thread, but I was just posting over in Stargate - Non Puritanis?. So there.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dead thread BUT...

I went to a Catholic school. I went in an atheist. I came out an atheist.

I have seen and interacted with just about every type of 'Christian' that there is. Being a Christian, is by definition, impossible.

I'm reminded of Ned Flanders' plea to God:

"I've done everything the Bible says. Even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!"

It continues to amaze me that anybody with enough decision making ability to drive a car can gloss over the libraries of contradictions and boldfaced bullshit in the Bible and in those that profess to follow it.

Arghhh....I was in a pretty good mood before this thread...goddamnit.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've obviously never met Omega.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Member # 91

Nor have you, I might point out.

It continues to amaze me that anybody with enough decision making ability to drive a car can gloss over the libraries of contradictions and boldfaced bullshit in the Bible and in those that profess to follow it.

Contradictions? You mean the ones I pounded into the ground here?

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, if I find that points to the "contradictons in the bible" thread, I will burst out laughing.

'I'm reminded of Ned Flanders' plea to God:

"I've done everything the Bible says. Even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!"'

Quoting the Simpsons does not prove your point. And, if my memory was working, I'd quote that line Kira once said about faith as a counter-argument. But I isn't, so I can't, so I won't.

But, if you are going to argue against the bible/christianity/magical fairies, saying "ooh, why do you believe that crap? It's all rubbish. I don't believe it, because I am superior" does not actually count as an argument.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps