Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Liberal "Code Words" (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Liberal "Code Words"
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny? Well, _I_ think so.

True? You be the judge.

http://enphilistor.users4.50megs.com/code.htm

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. This is so funny. It's so nice to know serious questions aren't debated on the Flameboard. Instead, we get to hear the ravings of Conservatives about alleged "code-words." YAY!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, Jeff, those who live in glass houses...

Which is to say, the Flameboard is, and has been for some time now, totally polarized. But this thread, as far as I can tell, is no better or worse than any of the others currently open.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, well.

I can still harp on it. I mean, when was the last time anyone posted a list of "Dubyaisms" as a topic ... ?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I find amusing is that some of those same "code-words" can be used in regards to conservatives. In fact, they have been used by conservatives. So, what's funny is that the author attempts to make it seem as though the Republicans don't make the same use of those same code-words.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think, at best, Sieg, that you could only back that statement up (the 'same words used in the same way by Conservatives' bit) with the first two definitions, and not any of the others.

With the possible additional exception of "Bible-Thumper," since that's how I refer to those folks.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To each his or her own I guess.

However, it's a pretty stupid and uninformed list if you ask me.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, First of Two, you can think that, but I beg to differ. A lot of those words are interchangeable in regards to political affiliation. In fact, the words on that list that don't lend themselves to dual-political ideology uses can be flip-flopped to show that the Republicans use the same technique. So, in short, this list does nothing but waste bandwidth with hypocritical rhetoric.

I gives me a warm fuzzy feeling on the inside. Or maybe it's the amaretto sour.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_I_ am not impressed at this. Not at all. Too much exaggeration and too little truth in this article.

Of course, this is _supposed_ to be a joke, but this is hitting right in the gonads.

[ August 08, 2001: Message edited by: Tahna Los ]

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That list is like being hit in the gonads? So what's being hit in the gonads like? Decapitation?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm... More like getting kicked in the balls. Actually, just like getting kicked in the balls. More correctly, it is getting kicked in the balls. Or ovaries.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim, you've become very picky recently. Are you trying to write the Nitpicker's Guide to Flare posts or something?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was humor. Just laugh, and go on your merry way. Or whatever it is you do...
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

I have yet to find out...

--------------------

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with the author of this piece that there are code words. I believe that code words are used in the various factions of the democratic, republican, and independent parties. These code words convey a meaing to their operatives and supporters. The average citizen may not be aware of all the words and their corresponding meanings.

I disagree with the author on some or all of his translations. A few of the translations reveal his bias, social and/or economically. He asserts that the conservatives are the honest party. For such a god-fearing honest man, President Nixon sure did a funny thing when he resigned all those years ago.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps