Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Something Republicans are doing wrong! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Something Republicans are doing wrong!
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got nothing to say about romance novels. Most good novels have romance in them.

Steel's have bad sex, and bad romance, and are bad. Well, at least that is the extrapolation I make based on my admittedly limited sampling.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol: You've read her? I'm surprised.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If a handful of pages counts.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does. Which means that Simon must know at least 24 synonyms for the male genitalia.

Good grief.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew a girl named Danielle Steel at CCRI.. if you even mentioned a romance novel around her, she'd punch you in the teeth.. she was so hot.. one of my favorite art majors..

anywho.

I actually watched a Danielle Steele movie adaptation with my stepmother during my trip home on Labor Day. i was just watiing for dinner, and my dad insisted i had a beer (or three), so i did.

It was Daddy. It had the father from Step by Step as the lead character, Captain Janeway was the mother, Kevin Uxbridge who killed all the Husnock everywhere was the grandfather, and the teen son was Bartleby the Angel, apparently before he had attained his everpresent 5:00 shadow (or his voice changing, to boot). and the music was done by Dennis McCarthy, and did include snippets of what would later become the Voyager theme. funny what you notice after a second Coors.

(BTW, i realize the above character list shows that i have absolutely no grounding in reality... i cant be bothered to remember actors names when i have such pertinent information such as who they played in my head)

The movie was awful, and every third scene ended up with people having sex and getting cut off before it got too graphic for mid 90s prime-time, or a really stilted melodramatic argument. And the worst acting ive ever seen (except for the pubescent Affleck). But the predictable ending of Patrick Duffy getting together with that chick from Dallas or Dynasty or whichever show that was she was in.

But my parents made a good grilled vegetable dinner while i was watching, and the satellite was screwed up so its not like i couldve watched MTV2 like i usually do.

What was i talking about? oh yeah.. this girl was a ceramics major.. and she was H-O-T.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't you guys get, like, 6 billion channels on cable alone? There's bound to be at least ONE educative documentary (complete with voluntary censoring of the more sensitive anatomic areas) on mating habits, or something. But, I'm sure you're even wealthier than you already were for watching that adaptation.

[ September 06, 2002, 00:30: Message edited by: E. Cartman ]

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, it was a rare occasion where my stepmother was not beig openly hostile, probably since my brother wasnt there, and it was her TV.. chancging the channel like i still lived there has been the source of open warfare in the past.

it begs the question of why the hell ive never been able to enjoy cable for more than three months in my life. when i visited RI for the summers and stayed with my dad and her, id have cable but not be allowed to watch it often. then i went for another decade without cable after those two or three fateful summers, to have my parents get a satellite RIGHT BEFORE I MOVE OUT. ultimate slap in the face. my whole childhood, deprived of music videos except when a friend taped them for me, no beavis & butthead likewise, or cartoon network, or nick at nite. I was forced to READ BOOKS. grr. now i'm smarter than the rest of the kids my age, and know nothing of their music awards! and as such have no common ground with which to base a stable relationship! all my sufferings, to this one cause!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Books about relationships are just soooo inferior to war and horror and sci-fi topics. ... Not that we don't fantasize about these things [sex] but writing them down is just sick and unacceptable because we all subscribe to Christian repression of sex whether we're Christian or not."

Erm... Have you ever actually read a sci-fi book? They all have fornication in them. All of them. And, if they have the words "by Robert A. Heinlein" on the cover, you're in for even more of a treat.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of them? 2001? Foundation? The Caves of Steel?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously, I was hyperbolizing. Though just barely. And Foundation was pretty boring, anyway, so what can you expect?
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think Issac Asimov expected there to be sex in the future.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

The Gods Themselves.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You listed Foundation as boring in a list that included 2001? I might have found a cure for my insomnia...

quote:
the music was done by Dennis McCarthy, and did include snippets of what would later become the Voyager theme.
Which is great, especially since Jerry Goldsmith wrote the Voyager theme.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

I didn't find 2001 boring. This is the book we're talking about, of course, not the movie. The movie was mediocre by comparison.
Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not if you were on two or three doses while watching, which most of the audiences were at the time of its release.

--------------------
"Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It?s us. Only us."
Rorschach

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps