Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Candid CapCom: The Scariest Writers

Author Topic: Candid CapCom: The Scariest Writers
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Proceed at Your Own Risk!

You may be damaged for life.

Now that you've been duly warned, there are two reasons for this warning: 1. It may shatter your reality and perception pertaining to Star Trek: Voyager. 2. You may indeed be frightened.

Without any further ado, here they are, up for a round of CapComing...

Left to right: Story editor Bryan Fuller, then-co-executive and now-executive producer Brannon Braga, then-executive story editor Lisa Klink, co-executive producer Ken Biller, then-intern and now-story editor Robert Doherty, and finally, then-executive producer Jeri Taylor.

It's a picture from Season Four.

Oh, and the picture comes from Star Trek: Action!. It's badly scanned by me; I was too lazy to do a high-quality (and not crooked) scan for it. *L*

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bradon: You see Jeri, we get this women with huge, ah um, tracks of land. We can dump Jen to make room in the budget. Then we'll have enough money to get the golf ball out of Bryan's throat!

------------------
WHO ARE YOU?

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strange how the two people in the picture that are off the show, look unhappy!

Lisa look nice!

------------------
WHO ARE YOU?

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
writer: "splunge!"

another writer: "splunge for me too."

boss: "Iyyyyy like it."

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Contestant: is it a dog?
Contestant2: No you dope, it's Voyager.
*Buzz*
Drawer: You stupid morons, it's a horse jumping posts. This is the last time I play Pictionary with you writers.

------------------
Nurse: Can I help you?
Stan: We're here to commit our friend, Kyle.
Nurse: Reason?
Kyle: I'm a clinically depressed fecalpheliac on Prozac.
Nurse: JACKET!!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doherty stares at Klink, thinking about the pie he has in the oven at home.

--OR--

Braga: "Huh-huh. Huh-huh. Jeri said 'annular confinement beam'..."

------------------
Taurik: "He's convinced Commander Riker doesn't like him."
Ben: "Why? You crash the ship into something?"
-TNG: "Lower Decks"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Braga: *maniacal laughter* "I am evil incarnate! Hahahahahaha!"

Taylor: "Brannon, do you have any idea how annoying it is when you do that every single ****ing time you have an idea?!"

Klink: *thinks* Oh, I want him... I hope my bum doesn't look to big in this...

Fuller: "Am I the only one who thinks he might just be evil incarnate?"

Biller: "Hey, Satan, your shoe's untied."

Doherty: *thinks* Okay, just ignore them. Maybe the Klingons will come in and slaughter them all, or something. Oh, crap, we don't have Klingons...

------------------
Taurik: "He's convinced Commander Riker doesn't like him."
Ben: "Why? You crash the ship into something?"
-TNG: "Lower Decks"

[This message has been edited by TSN (edited July 23, 1999).]

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Braga: Don't worry Jeri... plenty of retiring Trek writers have gone on to successful careers as TV judges.

Taylor: Did I see your lips moving, Mister? Now as I was saying, it is not very ladylike for Janeway to play holodeck games with that Borg.

*Klink nudges Braga*
Klink: She's perfect all right.

------------------
"They don�t call it show business for nothing. This is an ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly town in many, many ways. But big f*cking deal. Big business is ugly. The world is ugly. Our job is to make our little piece of it better. Whenever you get into the general, it�s not going to be all beer and Skittles and Christmas trees."
-Ira Stephen Behr on the Moore fiasco

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picard: I still think Braga's time is up... things haven't been the same since he wrote that damn episode where I had to say "All Hands Abandon Ship" six times. How humiliating. He'll go next. Besides, the critics didn't react to well to the Salamanders.

Spock: An illogical deduction, Captain. Logic dictates Ms. Hormones below me here will be out first.

Picard: Nonsense, Spock. Sex sells, salamanders don't.

Spock: Actually, statistics dictate time anomolies sell best of all.

Picard: Fine then. Taylor's staying put, though, you can't argue with that.

Spock: I most certainly will. Studies have linked the presence of a pink pantsuit to a waning influence in the franchise.

Picard: Pffft. Always with the logic. Voyager is not logical, Spock. Admit that.

*Spock shuts up*

------------------
"They don�t call it show business for nothing. This is an ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly town in many, many ways. But big f*cking deal. Big business is ugly. The world is ugly. Our job is to make our little piece of it better. Whenever you get into the general, it�s not going to be all beer and Skittles and Christmas trees."
-Ira Stephen Behr on the Moore fiasco

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Braga: No no no, using the Captain-as-bait is old hat, and a terrible idea.

Doherty: Screw it, just show another Borg eppy. People love the Borg.

All: Agreed!

------------------
"I do whatever the voice of Charles Capps tells me to do."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuller: *thinking* I know it makes no sense, but Jeri really reminds me of Liam's old History teacher. And her pink shell-suit seems to be gettting Brannon hot. Interesting...

------------------
"Fool! I am Cher! Admired by millions for my couple of talents."
-The Brain

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, anyone else think they're being beamed up???

------------------
Nurse: Can I help you?
Stan: We're here to commit our friend, Kyle.
Nurse: Reason?
Kyle: I'm a clinically depressed fecalpheliac on Prozac.
Nurse: JACKET!!

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Braga: "Okay, here's my idea: an alien race comes along and uses Voyager as an interdimensional spatula! This will be a two-parter."
Klink: "Oh no...not this again..."
Fuller: *thinks* Woah...that script on his desk was real?
Biller: "You know, that's actually the most creative idea we've heard in a while."
Doherty: "Ooh...how about the aliens look like giant sunflowers?"
Taylor: "And this is why you had to wake us up at 3 AM?"
Statue on desk: "Geez, and the news sites wouldn't even believe the Flight Academy rumor..."

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"If you feel that there is some intelligent reason why the immortality and happiness of 600 people should outweigh doubled life-spans and freedom from disease for billions, feel free to let me know. Surely, if they were one-tenth as moral and caring as they claimed to be, they would have shared their incredible discovery." - Mike Wong

[This message has been edited by The Shadow (edited July 25, 1999).]

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

Braga's Sideburn: Get me the hell out of here...

------------------
"You're not quite evil enough. You're semi-evil. You're quasi-evil. You're the margarine of evil. You're the Diet Coke of evil, just one calorie, not evil enough."
-The good Doctor and his son, Scot

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't expect this to go over well. I just wanted to see what people had to say about the writers, but I'll judge it anyway.

The_Tom is the winner for the loevely Picard/Spock thing. Excellent use of Jeri Taylor's self-indulgence for her only TNG novel's cover. And the dialogue was good, too.

I got a good laugh out of Kosh's first post: runner-up. Second runner-up goes to TSN for all the Lisa Klink-related stuff (which merged together form "Oh, I want the oven... I hope my pie doesn't look too big in this"). That came across as the best part, because Braga obviously thinks he is Evil Incarnate, silly.

Oh, and Frank's sunflower crack better not be typical of Doherty. *LOL* Liam's comment about more parrallels between people in photographs (on the Forums) and real life is disturbing, as is the thought of the side-effects of Taylor wearing such an outfit. Ewww...

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps