Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » You might be a trekkie if (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: You might be a trekkie if
Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...you know how many tribbles were used in the episode of "Trial with Tribbles"

------------------
We did it on the floor,
We did it by the door,
We did it all night,
We did it under a light,
So how about for tonight we do it some more...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've seen Shatner - infact any of the TOS cast with out a girdle or toupee on.

------------------
"...it might be easier to study
ancient societies from distant orbit than it might be to sit next to the
Guardian of Forever with a tricorder." - Baloo, January 2000

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...if you know what the fish tanks onboard the Enterpriese-D is for

...if you can recite a quote from Klingon Hamlet

...if you think that Wil Riker should be executed for saying 1305-E or that he's a complete idiot

...if you know Jeri Ryan's bra size and criticize her for dating her boss

------------------
"Life's a bitch, then you die"
-Quote from Dedication Plaque of USS Vanderbilt

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you've assigned your car a registry number - but find that a similar car but of a different type has the same number and you've both nick-named them the Melbourne!

------------------
"What a wonderful and amazing scheme have we here of the magnificent vastness of the Universe! So many Suns, so many Earths...!" - Christian Huygens, New Conjectures Concerning the Planetary Worlds, Their Inhabitants and Productions (ca 1670)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...your first thought upon reading Justin's post was "It's 'The Trouble with Tribbles'!".

------------------
Jay Leno: "In the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk', what did the goose lay?"
"Bosco": "Everybody."
-The Tonight Show, "Jaywalking"

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*reads Tim's post* Yup, I'm definitely a trekkie.

------------------
Democracy simply means the bludgeoning of the people, by the people and for the people.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... If you know how long ago Data had sex when the Borg Queen asked him (down to the second!).
... If you know the name of any episode when you see the first 5 seconds of it.
... If you know why it was wrong that the Vulcan at the end of 'First Contact' said: "Live long and Prosper". (Anyone care to test if he/she is a trekkie on this one??)

------------------
E-mail Dot at: [email protected]

(-=\V/=-)

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited February 25, 2000).]

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Altair: Is it beacause it is usually a farewell or because Vulcans shouldn't know English?

------------------
"You're right. They wouldn't be able to see anything but the top of your head. The glare could blind them."
-B'Ellana Torres, Virtuoso

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, they could have been spying on Earth at some point and learned English. But, considering what the universal translators have been able to do all throughout Trek, this really isn't a discrepancy, anyway.

I'd say it's because the first person is supposed to say "Peace and long life." The response is "Live long and prosper."

BTW, has anyone else ever noticed that the acronyms for those (PaLL and LLaP) are the exact opposites of one another?

------------------
Jay Leno: "In the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk', what did the goose lay?"
"Bosco": "Everybody."
-The Tonight Show, "Jaywalking"

[This message has been edited by TSN (edited February 26, 2000).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not only have I never noticed it, I've never even begun the processes of thought necessary to go about noticing it.

------------------
"You are stupid and evil and do not know you are stupid and evil."
--
Gene Ray, Cubic

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*stares at TSN*
*blinks*
*blinks again*
*starts to respond*
*blinks yet again*
*is disturbed greatly*

------------------
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-Mark Twain

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I'd say it's because the first person is supposed to say "Peace and long life." The response is "Live long and prosper."

Yes, that is the right answer.
The other things I didn't even think of...

------------------
E-mail Dot at: [email protected]

(-=\V/=-)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Ultra: Yes, I tend to have that effect on people... :-)

------------------
Jackson: "Basically, he was the original Satan."
O'Neill: "Well, isn't that special?"
-Stargate SG-1: "Serpent's Song"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't Spock repeatedly say "Live Long and Prosper" in TOS without it being preceaded by "Peace and Long Life"? I thought that PaLL was first used in "Sarak", and I thought that it was said to him because he was at the end of his life, and had already "prospered" or something.

------------------
"I'd give anything to be able to turn invisible. I wouldn't use my powers to beat people up, but use them to protect the girl's locker room."
Xander Harris

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

No... "Peace and long life" dates back at least to "Amok Time". I.e., the exchange between T'Pau and Spock on the planet before the fight.

------------------
Jackson: "Basically, he was the original Satan."
O'Neill: "Well, isn't that special?"
-Stargate SG-1: "Serpent's Song"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps