Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Trek Trivia for Non-Geeks (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Trek Trivia for Non-Geeks
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Garak: Are you asking me or telling me?

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." J. Richmond, UB Student

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm telling you, then.
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well then, you are correct.
Omega, it does count, cuz he did die...but was brought back to life. Like Picard in Tapestries, and many other examples.

I'm done for tonight. If anyone else can come up with more answers, I'll check in the morning when I come back online with a new question.

Elim Garak: 4 + 2
Starbuck: 2 + 1
Omega: +3
Prakesh: 1
The359: +1
The Shadow: +1

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." J. Richmond, UB Student

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is scary... We all forgot Jadzia (That's my final answer, Jeff ).

I can also think of another example from DS9, but I have to wait to see if anyone else remembers it. Thinking hats, people!

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Sisko?

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Bah! Screw Alaska!" - TSN

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Dukat died at the same time, too.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Bah! Screw Alaska!" - TSN

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You fools!

KAI WINN!

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*breaking the rules again*

Damar
Weyoun (more than once)

Don't forget the Mirror Universe's Death Tally!

Odo
Quark
Rom
Nog
Garak
"Vic"
as well as
Sisko & Jadzia (though we didn't "see" Sisko OR this Jadzia die, they were mentioned in dialogue as having died)

Did Mirror Brunt die?

(I forget if there was anybody else...)

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

[This message has been edited by First of Two (edited March 30, 2000).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, the question was about main characters, not recurring characters...

So, there was Data in "Time's Arrow".

And, even though we didn't see them individually, there was the whole TNG cast in Generations, before the timeline changed. But that probably doesn't count.

And Troi died briefly in, uh... was it "Man of the People"? Whatever the one was where the mediator guy was dumping all his bad feelings into her brain...

And Torres half-died in "Faces", when her Klingon part kicked off.

------------------
me: "I need a new sig..."
CC: "Well create one."
-why I don't have a real signature

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And don't forget the entire Voyager crew in Timeless (even Chakotay and Harry when the Flyer exploded before that timeline was changed). The entire crew also died in Relativity when the ship was destroyed by Braxton's device. Worf also died in Transfigurations when he fell out of the Shuttle control Room by John Doe's evolution. Of course, he was brought back to life. Picard as Locutus in an parallel timeline. What remained of the E-D crew in the same parallel timeline. Geordi in two different parallel timelines. Alternate Tasha in E-C's timeline. Riker in alternate timeline. O'Brien in Visionary. The entire DS9 cast in that episode when the station blew up.

And there's bound to be lot more.

And yes, I know that's a lot more than 3. I don't really care about points.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

[This message has been edited by PopMaze (edited March 31, 2000).]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picard: Ressikan Flute
Riker: Trombone
Data: Violin (his 'mother' played the viola), Oboe and Guitar
O'Brien: Cello
Sisko: Piano
Dax: Piano/keyboard
Harry Kim: Clarinet (we've never seen him play the saxophone)
Tuvok: Vulcan Lute
Spock: Vulcan Lute
Scotty: Bagpipes

sorry its been answered but I HAD to correct a few things

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Janeway died - in "Coda" and "Year Of Hell" well they ALL died in Year Of Hell
Torres died in "Barge of the Dead"
Neelix Died in Mortal Coil
Harry Died numerous times

La Forge and Ro were pronounced dead in "The Next Phase" for a time.

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Starbuck
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"
Member # 153

- posted      Profile for Starbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh damn, I missed the question.
That's what I get for being on British Summer Time!!!
I'll be away for a couple of days *sigh* but will try and post!!

------------------
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

Jadzia is Correct.
I'll accept Sisko, but not Dukat(he's arguably a recurring member, not a main character).

I won't accept Kai Winn for that matter too.

Sorry, First of Two, those guys aren't 'main' characters, but were only in a few episodes. Damar and Weyoun for the Dukat reason as well.

TSN, I will accept Data and Troi. I am not going to accept the Generations crew or Voyager crew because I believe you didn't actually see them die, but rather their ships blowing up.

I will take Worf. In fact, I was thinking of him too.
And O'Brien

I'll take Janeway, if she they showed her die on screen(again my voyager knowledge is a bit short), and Neelix and Torres as well. These points are pending.

Alright, I will tally up the score after my classes, which is around 12pm EST. New question then. SOmeone else verify AndrewR's points please?

------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More like which characters HAVEN'T died...

------------------
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend far too much time reading this sort of trash.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps