Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Trek Trivia for Non-Geeks (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Trek Trivia for Non-Geeks
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't expect the Generations crew to count. I just wanted to say it.

But what about Torres' Klingon half in "Faces"?

------------------
me: "I need a new sig..."
CC: "Well create one."
-why I don't have a real signature

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am considering Torres-half not a main character, but one produced for that episode.

Elim Garak: 4+2+1
Starbuck: 2+1
Omega: +3
Prakesh: 1
The359: +1
The Shadow: +1+1
TSN: +2
PopMaze: +2
AndrewR: +3 pending

Alright, I'm going to shy away from Voyager to keep these questions easily verifiable

What TOS actor(ess) played a member of the 3 major alien races?

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." J. Richmond, UB Student

Starbuck
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"
Member # 153

- posted      Profile for Starbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a tricky one but I think it's Mark Lenard:

• Sarek in Journey to Babel, a couple of movies and a TNG episode or two
  • The Romulan commander in Balance of Terror
  • A Klingon in The Motion Picture

------------------
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew mentioned two musicians that weren't mentioned before (Sisko and Jadzia). (And Harry said in "Ashes to Ashes" that he'd dropped the clarinet for the saxophone, so that does count. )

Do dreams of people dying count ("Barge of the Dead"), because they arguably didn't die? In any reality.

And Sisko isn't dead. He is "dead."

------------------
"Warning: The contents of this Physics lab are 100% matter. Should the lab come in contact with antimatter in any way, a catastrophic explosion will occur."

[This message has been edited by Elim Garak (edited March 31, 2000).]

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, because of the complexity(unbeknownst to me at the time), I'm going to strike the death question from the list, and give everyone 1 point who contributed an answer.

Smack me next time something like that happens.

Andrew get 2 points for his belated answer, but from now on the answers must come before the next question for them to count.

Mark Leonard is correct! Starbuck gets a point.

The next question is:
What distinctly non-humanoid creatures have shown up in Star Trek?

Elim Garak: 4 +1 = 5
Starbuck: 2 +1 = 3
AndrewR: +2+1 = 3
Prakesh: 1 = 1
The359: +1 = 1
The Shadow: +1 = 1
TSN: +1 = 1
PopMaze: +1 = 1
Omega: +1 = 1
Fabrux: +1 = 1
First of Two: +1 = 1

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." J. Richmond, UB Student

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a maximum of three: tribbles, Hortas, the nameless "Equinox" aliens.

------------------
"Warning: The contents of this Physics lab are 100% matter. Should the lab come in contact with antimatter in any way, a catastrophic explosion will occur."

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

AcK AcK! I mean Sentient Non-Humanoids!

*smacks self with the board-with-nail-in-it*

------------------

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

Well, the Hortas are arguably sentient. The "Equinox" aliens appear to be sentient. We don't know about tribbles, although it's possible. I guess.

"Equinox" aliens, the Founders, Hortas.

------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cochrane's companion, Q, and the exocomps.

------------------
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend far too much time reading this sort of trash.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Armus, the Sheliak (only "vaguely humanoid", I believe they said), and Gomtuu.

------------------
me: "I need a new sig..."
CC: "Well create one."
-why I don't have a real signature

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

What was the Sheliak? What ep/series?

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Classification R-3 lifeforms, the Sheliak are only vaguely humanoid. "The Ensigns of Command" [TNG]

------------------
Star Trek: Leeds
Creator, Producer, Only Writer

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited April 01, 2000).]

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

Alrightie, well I left this question up to give people with different time zones a chance to answer...
TSN, if you can offer a picture or argue that Sheliak do not have the basic 2 arms-2 legs and a a head in the right place type of body, then you can have that point. The question does say "distinctly non-humanoid." Otherwise 'vaguely humanoid' won't count.

3 for Garak, 3 for Omega, 2 for TSN(1 pending).

Well, since these multi-answer questions I seem to mess up too much, I think I'm going to go specific.
Easy question:

What/who do these three phrases symbolize, and why are they signifigant to it?

Oh my.
Reading Glasses
Iowa

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those phrases symbolisze James Tiberious Kirk. "Oh my." were his last words, he required reading glasses as he was allergic to Retnax V, and he was born and grew up in Iowa.

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Oh, and here's the Sheliak

------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps