Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Word Association XII: Oh So Very Tired (Page 5)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Word Association XII: Oh So Very Tired
SCSImperium
Member # 397

- posted      Profile for SCSImperium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Genetic Cloning. I remember reading a book published in the 60's where they were trying to clone kidney beans. Very amusing book, "The Kid's World Book to Future." It predicted by 1996 we'd have flying and floating cities, and it would be only a ten minute commute from New York to Los Angeles using some sorta Bullet Train device ...

------------------
-Small Computer Systems Interface "Scuzzy" Emperor

Operator of the Goulag Hotel, maintainer of the workhouses.

Operator of Cargill Conglomerate Publications, http://www.cargillconglomerate.com

"Woman is deprived of rights from lack of education, and the lack of education results from the absence of rights. We must not forget that the subjection of women is so complete, and dates from such distant ages, that we are often unwilling to recognize the gulf that separates them from us."

Tolstoy, on a more objective note.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I was promised flying cars!"

------------------
"They might be the infamous buzzard collectors for what we know, grabbing hapless space avians so that they don't end up as smears in the windshield."
-Timo Saloniemi, 16-Aug-2000

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tracks

(For those non-Transformers fans out there, it's a blue Corvette Stingray II Autobot with wings and two jet engines. One of my favourite Transformers of all time.)

------------------
"I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'."
- Buffy

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Voltron

Transformers and Voltron and Power Rangers look all the same to me...

------------------
The world is not enough, but it is such a perfect place to start my love
And if you're strong enough, together we can take the world apart my love

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jason David Frank: "It's morphing time..."

Hi room, I'm just passing by here...
------------------
Hey people, I'm at UC Berkley now... so if you see me post, it's because I'm either bored or I got back my password from Michael

[This message has been edited by Justin_Timberland (edited August 16, 2000).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These last three posts are incredibly ironic. Contact me to ask why.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I really want a flying pogo-stick." - Antag

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1.25 FrankGmeters.

------------------
Intelligence, Integrity, Responsibility.
Vote Bush/Cheney 2000

SCSImperium
Member # 397

- posted      Profile for SCSImperium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dune 2 for the Genesis.

That must have been my favorite game around five years ago. I remember I thought the music was quite creepy, and the gameplay addictive. I still have an emulated copy on my PC; play it occasionally.

quote:
"I was promised flying cars!"

Sisko: O'Brien, have you upgraded the systems with IBM software? DS9 needs IBM software ...

------------------
-Small Computer Systems Interface "Scuzzy" Emperor

Operator of the Goulag Hotel, maintainer of the workhouses.

Operator of Cargill Conglomerate Publications, http://www.cargillconglomerate.com

"Woman is deprived of rights from lack of education, and the lack of education results from the absence of rights. We must not forget that the subjection of women is so complete, and dates from such distant ages, that we are often unwilling to recognize the gulf that separates them from us."

Tolstoy, on a more objective note.

[This message has been edited by SCSImperium (edited August 16, 2000).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Power Rangers looks like Voltron because it was a blatant rip-off of Voltron. But neither bears much resemblance to The Transformers. The closest relationship is that there were some groups of Transformers who could bind together into giant robots, like Voltron. But that's about it.

------------------
"They might be the infamous buzzard collectors for what we know, grabbing hapless space avians so that they don't end up as smears in the windshield."
-Timo Saloniemi, 16-Aug-2000

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gestalt

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Devastator

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

Member # 239

Constructicons

------------------
- Dave Barry

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you reply to your own WA?

------------------
Daniel: "Senator, we have reason to believe the Goa'uld are about to attack."
Kinsey: "Then I think they'll regret taking on the United States military!"
Daniel: "Oh, you're right. We'll just upload a virus into the mother ship."
This post sponsered in part by the Federation Starship Datalink

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I really want a flying pogo-stick." - Antag

Member # 239

Cable! Cable! Cable! GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
- Dave Barry

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps