Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » New Trek » PIC 3x08 "Surrender" ($$$) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: PIC 3x08 "Surrender" ($$$)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With control of the Titan's bridge, Vadic locks down the ship and threatens to begin executing the bridge crew if Jack doesn't surrender himself.

Riker and Troi further reconcile in their cell on the Shrike until rescued by Worf and Raffi. Worf is... weird when reuniting with Troi.

Onboard the Titan, Jack tries to use his powers to unlock the ship, but Vadic catches it.

Don't kill T'Veen... don't kill T'Veen... don't kill T'Veen... DAMMIT!

Data is now the only one who can unlock the ship, but can't do so while fighting Lore, so the partition is dropped.

Before leaving the Shrike, we get confirmation that the Changelings basically scooped out the parts of Picard's corpse affected by Irumodic Syndrome.

Data appears to be unwilling to fight Lore as Lore keeps taking memory keepsakes from him. One of those keepsakes is our nod to Tasha: The little holographic crystal thingy. However, Data has been using Lore's greed against him. By taking so much of Data, Lore is defeated from the inside out.

Data unlocks the ship, and with help from Riker, Troi, Worf, and Raffi, the ship is retaken.

"Fucking solids." *WHOOSH* [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Vadic is frozen in space, shatters against the hull of the Shrike, and is presumably blown up along with the ship.

Needing to know exactly what's up with Jack, Deanna uses her empathic abilities to walk him through opening the red door. Jack turns the knob and... cut to black.

I liked this episode a lot better than I thought I would, especially since I thought last week's first half was merely okay. Lots of unexpected humor (I was full-on belly-laughing at points) and lots of heartwarming scenes with the TNG crew. Maddening place to end the episode, though.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea wtf I just watched.

Vadic freezes in space, but Laas doesn't? Is this an effect of the alterations or is it shitty writing & bad reference work? (Most likely the latter.)

I can't wait for 20 April & this is all done. They probably made the 2-month gap between this & SNW so that we could wash to bile out of our brains.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll wait for the last 2 episodes. I'm not used to cliffhangers anymore. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Zipacna
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for Zipacna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing that annoyed me in this episode. Vadic turned off all lights in the ship, shut down communications, and sealed off the doors...and then wanted Jack to come to the bridge. How? By taking away everyone's freedom of movement throughtout the ship, you've literally just made it so he can't physically get there!
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For one moment there I thought Vadic was either going to float right into the airlock of the Shrike (or, as that would stretch credibility a bit TOO far, pulled in by a tractor beam) and then defrosted. But no, any chances of that were dashed (literally). Trek in the modern era really is all about blowing people out of airlocks, isn’t it - when they’re not getting sucked out of hull breaches anyway!

Worf has a cloaked shuttle?

Sooo, just two episodes to go and we still don’t know who Talky Hand Guy and/or Annoying Red Door Lady are. Could get a bit rushed - I mean, though I’ve enjoyed it more than I expected (Data - PROPER Data - back like he always should have been! Spot! The… heavensome sevensome…?… back around a table again!), the same pacing and structure problems have persisted.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, did THG die with Vadic, I wonder? Way to kill off your exposition.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are my takeaways:

Spot's a boy again!!

Can't Changelings live in the vacuum of space? Or was that a trick Lars had to learn?

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It feels like there’s a lot we still don’t know about the Changeling plot. As Vadic tells it, she was one of the first of the new/improved/s31-fucked-around-with Changelings. And there were about a dozen of the originals. However they were able to spread their changes to others. And yet Vadic is plainly just a lackey. So what’s going on there?

--------------------

Shik
Member # 343

It's all Nagilum.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it turns out to be Armus orchestrating everything, fuck it, I'll be onboard 100%.
Shik
Member # 343

↑↑↑↑ I can't like-button this hard enough.

--------------------

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I wanted to watch a TNG style episode, I would have watched TNG.

--------------------
Blaze da finest weed in da shire... I shake my trekbbs at flare.solareclipse.net

Shik
Member # 343

Something that hit me today: is no one noting the fact that Deanna has now canonically fucked a Changeling?

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Armus would be kinda ridiculous. That being said I have a feeling the resolution won't be any less ridiculous.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Lee
Member # 393

quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
Something that hit me today: is no one noting the fact that Deanna has now canonically fucked a Changeling?

It wasn’t worded brilliantly but I think she was joking.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps