Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » New Trek » PIC 1x04 "Absolute Candor" ($$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: PIC 1x04 "Absolute Candor" ($$$)
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, was anyone else surprised that Seven of Nine is apparently still going by "Seven of Nine"? You'd think, as she's regained her humanity, she'd go back to her real name.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because Seven is a known name & Annika Hansen isn't.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, Picard probably knows her by that designation because of his days as Locutus. She’ll probably correct him later. Or not. Whatever.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure Picard doesn't retain so much information from his time as Locutus that he would know any random ex-drone on sight. From the way she talks to him here and in the trailers that came out before the series started, I'm pretty sure we're going to find out that they know each other.

Maybe we'll find out that they worked together twenty years ago or something, and she was still pretty Borg-y at the time, and she's only started acting more human fairly recently. I guess we'll see on Thursday.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can hardly claim Annika Hansen is her slave name and she’s accordingly renounced it.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The writing on this show is hit-and-miss for me. I like a lot of the character work, but I don't get the sense that there's any focus on consistent world-building happening in the background. And Picard's dressing-down of Sword Boy for killing Romulan Senator missed an obvious opportunity. "That man did not deserve to die!" The only possible response, the one that would have illuminated Picard's near-suicidal behavior, is: "Neither do you."
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Krenim:
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
So Romulus is the West Virginia of the galaxy...

I've lived in West Virginia the vast majority of my life, so in the words of the immortal Montgomery Scott...

Laddie, don't you think you should rephrase that?

Alright fine, Arkansas... it was just a joke relax man. I feel like I could have randomly picked any state and someone would be like, "Hey I lived there!"

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"And Picard's dressing-down of Sword Boy for killing Romulan Senator missed an obvious opportunity. 'That man did not deserve to die!' The only possible response, the one that would have illuminated Picard's near-suicidal behavior, is: 'Neither do you.'"

Yeah, that scene landed wrong for me, too. It's like, okay, Picard, we know you're not a big fan of people getting killed. But that ex-senator was literally half a second away from murdering you, and you're the one who hired a bodyguard with a sword. Swords don't exactly have a stun setting.

Also, they must have edited out the scene where he yelled at Laris, Zhaban, Jurati, and his own damn self for killing all those Romulans who broke into his house.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps