Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » A moment of silence (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A moment of silence
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I find the visual effects and cinematography just as important as the plot. Both must be good to make a memorable episode. Voyager had PLENTY of these.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'"...it was quite ok. Especially the quality of the episodes. no I don't mean the plot, I mean the look of every episode.."
No wonder television is shite these days. People don't even care about plots anymore! They don't want something to stimulate their mind, just something to stimulate their eyes.'

And people wonder why the Powerpuff Girls, with it's brilliant use of colour, lovely iconistic images, and Big Fights, is so popular.

Am I sounding like a Sales Rep for Cartoon Network recently? Tough. They make great shows. And greater adverts.

"Personally, I find the visual effects and cinematography just as important as the plot"

No. In something like the Powerpuff Girls (and most cartoons), or (I'll get hell for this) Star Wars, then yes. The visual look is very important. For Trek, it's far less so. Although it's very format of sci-fi means it's more important than in a present day drama.

But look at TNG. It managed to get several great stories out of it, despite the fact that the best they could do for drama was two men staring off camera with worried but determined looks on their faces.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps