Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Election 2390!! (mini-$ "Extreme Measures)

Author Topic: Election 2390!! (mini-$ "Extreme Measures)
jh
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so maybe this has gone over somewhere else on the board and I missed it but did anyone else notice that little line at the end there:

"Not just any surveillance reports. Those are on Jarish Inyo."

"The former president?"

FORMER president. Wonder who the new one is and whether there's any chance in hell we'll get our first look at the fourth UFP Prez in ST.

------------------
"A screaming comes across the sky..."

IP: Logged
Trinculo
Ex-Member

JH-
The election for the new president of the UFP had to occur between 2372 and 2375, not 2390.

jh
Ex-Member

Okay, I just pulled a number out of the air for the title. I wasn't really trying for complete accuracy. The post was really more about the fact that we can add one more thing to the 'what we know for sure' column.

------------------
"A screaming comes across the sky..."

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... Could Section 31's man inside Inyo's cabinet have possibly assassinated Inyo? There's a thought... Inyo was a pacifict who would work against everything Section 31 would plan...

------------------
Garak: "I do apologize. You must be incensed. In fact, if I were in your shoes, I'd... grab a bottle of champagne and shoot me." (DS9: "Our Man Bashir")

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I doubt it. An assassination is not a minor plot point. And Inyo was pretty much a pushover. He let Leyton climb all over him back in "Paradise Lost."

Judging from his rather timid nature, I would imagine Inyo didn't have much support for reelection.

------------------
"Don't call me at work again. Oh no, the boss still hates me. I'm just tired and I don't love you anymore, and there's a restaurant we should check out where the other nightmare people like to go...I mean nice people, baby wait, I didn't mean to say nightmare."
--
They Might Be Giants

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jarish Inyo never really wanted to be president, you know?

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to the Encyc, Jaresh Inyo was a Grazerite... This next bit - I don't know where I read but it makes sense. a grazer - ite his race was of bovine descendence... thus a herbivore would be opposed to such aggressive behaviour as omnivores or carnivores... nice point I reckon.

------------------
"I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die, while you discuss this invasion in a committee" Queen Amidala - Star Wars: Episode 1, The Phantom Menace

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I KNEW IT!

I knew that hand-wringing wet towel of a president would be kicked out by the voters.. Now they'll have a "Churchill" as president. Kicking some Dominion butt, charismatic enough to get Earth boiling mad over events from "TCFofE", instead of whimpering like babies.

Exclusive interview follows:
===============================================

President's office, Paris - January 5, 2375

Good evening citizens. I'm Bulge Temptingly, and tonight FNN is proud to present the first interview with new UFP President Montgomery.

Good evening to you Mr President, may I say you look particularly foxy today.

You may Bulge, but don't get any ideas. I have a phaser under my desk.

Sir, what message do you think your landslide election sends to the Dominon?

A very clear one Bulge.

Er, that being?

The very clear message that the Fedeation has made it's mind up in deciding for a new leader, a strong leader. A leader who can not only guide troops into victory in the battlefield, but also inspire them with his words, his fashion sense, and his sheer, undistilled charisma.

So you forsee an upturn in our fortunes in the conflict with the Domiion as a result of your election?

That's not the question Bulge. The real question is whether the Dominon appreciates the seriousness of this situation. And I intend to make it clear to them at every opportunity, that this most unequivocably, means war.

But this is already a war.

As I just stated Bulge. This is most definitely a serious situation of the upmost seriousness.

And changing the subject if i may, what is your reaction to press allegations that you had a member of your staff beamed former president Inyo's keynote State of the Federation address out of his briefcase to make him look stupid in front of the Council?

Well Mr Temptingly, I think it depends...on what the meaning of the word "is" is....

------------------
"Now then, I believe Random Pavarotti disease is a psychological ailment and we should find it in the otherworldliness of Vince's brain."
"Ohw, rubbish. I reckon Random Pavarotti disease is a physical condition......
Let's go and look at 'is bum!"

-Rex the Runt

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps