Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » TMP Costumes & Aliens (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: TMP Costumes & Aliens
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the interview from the first post, those were the only truly military uniforms.

So either this is from some local Arcturian military organization, or... the Federation army.

Given the emblem though, I'd say they're with some Arcturian infantry division (perhaps not an active one, but some kind of tradition).

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read somewhere that the idea was that the Arcturan clones were to actually be the Federation's army, so (provided I ever recall the source of that) one could argue that it is indeed an army uniform, at least for the Arcturan branch of the service.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That comes from Bob Fletcher's notes. They were paraphrased in the Magazine last year.

--------------------

Masaki
Member # 1030

- posted      Profile for Masaki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Wink] Another images.

TMP Costumes-4

[Eek!] Very rare federation uniforms.

TMP Costumes-5

Abd the rest...

TMP Costumes-EXTRA

--------------------
"There are no three warp-engined or single warp-engined ships in Starfleet!".
(Gene Roddenberry)
Starship Class

aridas
Member # 1051

- posted      Profile for aridas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing. Those rare uniforms are so rare that I've never seen the photo. If it wasn't for the Hanibal Lechter masks on the males I would have taken them for spaceline pilots/attendants.

The logo on the arm is the same one Kirk had on that parka he wore in TWOK. Since these folks look to be police of some kind, I now know that my feeling it didn't belong on Kirk's arm was well founded.

--------------------
Feeling nostalgic for that old time Trek religion? Visit the Federation Reference Series online!

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aridas:
The logo on the arm is the same one Kirk had on that parka he wore in TWOK. Since these folks look to be police of some kind, I now know that my feeling it didn't belong on Kirk's arm was well founded.

THE LOGO IN QUESTION

That same logo appears in the Star Trek Peel Off Graphics Book and is labeled San Francisco Sky Tram Port. Based on the logo, one could assume it's the logo for transit authority in the Sol System:

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How to avoid the YATI in ST2, then?

Perhaps the heavy parkas in ST2 were not actually NCC-1701 items, but on loan from some Sol pilot cutter that had problems with cabin temperature?

Perhaps the logo actually denotes the Sol system sub-branch of Starfleet, including its local defense forces, installations and institutes? This *would* make some limited sense, perhaps be the successor of the globe symbol from the TOS pilots.

Timo Saloniemi

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to Mr. Fletcher's notes, it's the Sol System - Earthbase shoulder patch.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

[Eek!]

They could be just helmets of course.. but it also reminds me of this alien from STVI.

The uniforms would work for a civilian transport authority, were it not for ST2.

--------------------

Masaki
Member # 1030

- posted      Profile for Masaki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
[Eek!]

They could be just helmets of course.. but it also reminds me of this alien from STVI.

[Roll Eyes] Yes, they are same helmets.

Probably, alien helmet was re-painted metalic grey.

Helmets

--------------------
"There are no three warp-engined or single warp-engined ships in Starfleet!".
(Gene Roddenberry)
Starship Class

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MrNeutron:
quote:
Originally posted by aridas:

THE LOGO IN QUESTION

That same logo appears in the Star Trek Peel Off Graphics Book and is labeled San Francisco Sky Tram Port. Based on the logo, one could assume it's the logo for transit authority in the Sol System:

Well the chick on the left looks like the chick that is standing behind Kirk when the door slides open when he's disembarking from the Sky Tram!!

She's looking at him. I joke about that little bit... like what has Kirk been doing with her on the ride over? [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
[Eek!]

The uniforms would work for a civilian transport authority, were it not for ST2.

The chick with the helmet in that pic looks like she has green skin under that helmet.

And that yellow guy looks like he could be an 'updated' Megarite.

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
The chick with the helmet in that pic looks like she has green skin under that helmet.

Hmm, Orion dominatrix?! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The skin around the eyes is painted green, but not around the mouth or no the neck. I'd say it's meant to be paint, not a skin color.

And is that a woman? For some reason, I thought those aliens were guys w/ Kenny G hair.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

OMG! LOL!

"Halt! We are visitors from Kenny IV - a G-type planet orbiting a G-type star. Observe our outlandish hair-styles and pompus musical performances!"

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps