Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The Best "Finale" (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Best "Finale"
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just caught the last part of "All Good Things..." that was just on cable TV. 10 years on and it's still a fantastic episode. Infact - I would have to say that All Good Things... is probabaly in my opinion - the best "Finale" of any series... ever.

DS9, Voyager, B5 (probably 2nd), Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, The X-Files... even things like Cheers and Seinfeld.

"5 card stud and the sky's the limit"

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babylon 5's "Sleeping in Light" is first for me, easy. But I'll admit I haven't followed that many TV series so I haven't caught all that many finales. The one for M*A*S*H was wonderful. And DS9's "What You Leave Behind" was also really damn good. I like all three of those better than "All Good Things..."

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Voyager"

Go wash your mouth.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed with B5, DS9 and MASH (even though I never really liked that show). due South had a great finale, though it's of course not sci-fi.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheers! The piano-only end theme makes me cry.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quantum Leap always makes me cry. Expecially when it says he never gets home.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sports Night ... "Dan, Casey..." and their reactions. Of course, I don't think that was written to BE the finale, but alas!

... gotta agree with Liam also, Sam waving the guy off with, "Sorry, we're closed..."

Loved the ending for Quantum Leap, even though I never really got into the series a whole lot. Just seemed to fit the character.

Didn't really care much for the finale of Highlander, but the orchestral "Bonny Portmore" set to scenes from the series was beautiful.

Northern Exposure ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quantum Leap's finale was amazing and very suprising that it wasnt a happy end.

For Trek, I have to say DS9 has the best finale.
Then TNG.
Fuck, even TOS' last episode is far better than Voyager's!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last episode of "Earth: Final Conflict" was good. And by that I mean the one at the end of the first season.

--------------------

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of X-Files, I wonder what Chris Carter is doing these days...
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What happened in the finale of QL?

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not sci-fi, but the best series finale ever?

Newhart. Hands down.

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never really liked series' finales, when I was fond of said series because then I didn't want it to end. ;-)

As far as sci-fi series go though, I think TNG has the best finale.

Overall, of all the series I know, hard to say.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quantum Leap Series Finale: The series finale of Quantum Leap has Sam leap into a bar on the day of his birth. He appeared as himself, not as someone else, and, as a result, Al had a very hard time finiding him. It turned out to be some kind of weird nexus or something where hw ran into a bunch of people that looked exactly like people he had met over the past years of leaping, like Jimmy and Frank.

The bartender seemed to know what was going on with his leaping and in the end revealed to Sam that he himself was controling his leaps, and would only continue to do so as long as he wanted to. He also told him that the leaps were about to get more difficult, but gave him a chance to do something before it began. Sam then leaped into the home of Al's first wife moments after the end of the episode from the first season that featured her. He told her that Al was alive and that he was coming home, thus changing history so that she never remarried. She and Al are still married. The text-over at the end of the show informed us that Dr. Sam Beckett never returned to his own time.

Omega
Member # 91

I saw that ep. From your description, it would have made more sense had I seen the whole show, too. [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps