Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Space, the colorful frontier (Page 3)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Space, the colorful frontier
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am writing in a lab without ICQ access.

BUT SIMON IS GONE TOO MUCH.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Nobody ICQs me ever."

I have just been ICQing you.

YOU HAVE BEEN CAUGHT IN A LIE, SIR.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ICQ...

so that's still around, eh?

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
ICQ...

so that's still around, eh?

Seems like it. I used it back when it was first around... '97 or '98... but I valued my privacy and didn't want everyone to know when I was on the computer... so I basically had myself 'hidden' most of the time - and the I just deleted it all together.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a certain number of people set to "always visible", then stayed invisible. Now I only go on when I want to talk. Or be rude to people.

I did try Trillian the other day, but it was very, very ugly. So I stopped. ICQ 2003b, on the other hand, looks nice, but it a bit big. Why can't anyone make me happy?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Morvo wants 98b... pathetic humans, always adding frilly dodads to good programs and ruining them.

MORVO SHALL KILL YOU!

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I did try Trillian the other day, but it was very, very ugly."

For that, you deserve to have your eyes poked out with a hot metal rod.

Also, you are a game reviewer now? Developers everywhere are crapping their pants in horror and fear as we speak.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ignored it the first time in some other thread, but its MorBO not MorVO.

The newsmonster in Futurama is Morbo, and "might" be a reference to the original Morvo:
quote:

= Parallels to Science Fiction =

~ "This Island Earth" (movie)
- Morvo is a Metaluna Mutant, a biologically produced servant/soldier to the Metalunans in the classic 1955 sci-fi feature.

http://www.gotfuturama.com/Information/Capsules/1ACV08.txt

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry... it's his angry alien ascent, comes through with a v instead of a b.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
"I did try Trillian the other day, but it was very, very ugly."

For that, you deserve to have your eyes poked out with a hot metal rod.

That's a fair point. I meant it was ugly in an "I found it akward and uncomfortable to use" sort of way, rather than just general looks. Plus, I quite like that little picture you can put up of yourself on MSM. And the fact that 2003b automatically blocks messages from obvious spammers. So there.

And what's wrong with wanting my programmes to look nice, eh? This is 2004. I want everything to be metallic looking and have rounded corners.
quote:
Also, you are a game reviewer now? Developers everywhere are crapping their pants in horror and fear as we speak.
Well, freelance. And I've only done one review. And it hasn't been published yet. But...

I gave Lords Of The Realm 3 a measly 42%! They will know the power of my words!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
I ignored it the first time in some other thread, but its MorBO not MorVO.

The newsmonster in Futurama is Morbo, and "might" be a reference to the original Morvo:
quote:

= Parallels to Science Fiction =

~ "This Island Earth" (movie)
- Morvo is a Metaluna Mutant, a biologically produced servant/soldier to the Metalunans in the classic 1955 sci-fi feature.

http://www.gotfuturama.com/Information/Capsules/1ACV08.txt

Actually, Morbo looks to me like he's got elements one of the titular beings from "Invasion of the Saucer Men".

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And what's wrong with wanting my programmes to look nice, eh? This is 2004. I want everything to be metallic looking and have rounded corners."

Well, except, Trillian is metallic-looking with rounded corners.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had ICQ back in '96...but I lost my password to it and have long since changed emails to retreive it and, well I guess I don't care otherwise. I barely even use my AOL or MSN messengers since I left college and work 3rd shift....

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
That's a fair point. I meant it was ugly in an "I found it akward and uncomfortable to use" sort of way, rather than just general looks. Plus, I quite like that little picture you can put up of yourself on MSM. And the fact that 2003b automatically blocks messages from obvious spammers. So there.

You can put up a little picture of yourself on Trillian, and you can block spammers with equal impunity. So no.

quote:
And what's wrong with wanting my programmes to look nice, eh? This is 2004. I want everything to be metallic looking and have rounded corners.
Trillian IS metallic looking and has rounded corners. And it supports transparency! So, again no.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Quiet, or I will give you a low rating.

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps