Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Space, the colorful frontier (Page 6)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Space, the colorful frontier
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim Drake is Robin, Batman's partner.

Originally, Dick Grayson was Robin. His costume was a variation on his outfit from 'The Flying Graysons' act at the circus, that he was wearing when he watched his parents die when the ropes were sabotaged. It had bare legs and a yellow cape.

Then Dick joined the Titans, started going out with Starfire, and decided not to be Bruce's partner anymore. He changed to a blue and yellow costume and called himself Nightwing.

Another boy was taken in by Bruce Wayne, Jason Todd. He wore Dick's old Robin costume. Jason Todd was murdered by the Joker.

The third Robin was Tim Drake. Questioning the wisdom of wearing a bright yellow cape and having so much exposed skin as a crimefighter, Tim opted for a sleeker costume.

This costume is worn by the Robin in Teen Titans, however, all logic points away from it being Tim Drake in the Tim Drake costume, since Tim is probably five to ten years younger than Dick Grayson and the rest of the team depicted there.

Dick Grayson is the only Robin who was part of the Titans team alongside Starfire, Cyborg, Raven and Beast Boy, even though he never wore the modern costume in any other incarnation

[edit: beaten to this explanation on last page, oh well..]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dick Grayson also grew a mullet at one point. I think that the little elf slippers and yellow cape destroyed any sense of fashion that the boy used to have.

Thank god he got that (accidently) cut off. And changed Nightwing's costume so that it actually looked, y'know, cool.

The fact that we've seen into the future in Teen Titans (animated), and it shows that Robin becomes Nightwing, indicates that it probably is Dick, and not Tim. Likewise, in a new episode we meet Robin's clone brother from a parallel dimension, who has a very silly name that's something like Nosyarg KciD. I think. I wasn't looking at the screen at that point, but I think the name flies around the screen and is reversed briefly behind him. Not that it matters, since they decide that it's a silly name and call him Larry.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shouldn't you been writing?

On second thought, why aren't you writing 10.000 words on the Teen Titans?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because they don't do a course in that. And I'm not overly familiar with it. I picked up the comic and was scared by how weird everyone looked. Starfire has big boobies! And look's like the person they get when they can't afford to hire Pheonix.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not a happy person now.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Why not?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three full-length posts on the TT in the same thread in less than a day is more than I can stand.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

That's just because you think that Beast Boy is a cutie.
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do the other Titan's know who Robin is?

I never heard of Jason Todd, although that's probably because I only watched the animated series and never had the cash to follow the comics.

I have to admit, Nightwing is much cooler than Batman.

Anything else interesting I should know?

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Cartman
Member # 256

I DO NOT ENJOY BOTH GENDERS!!

--------------------

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
I DO NOT ENJOY BOTH GENDERS!!

"The words 'recreation' and 'enjoy' have no meaning to my programming."
ILIA PROBE, ST:TMP

...putting this topic back into Star Trek (at least a little bit!)

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim Drake was introduced in the final season of the batman Animated Series (when the animation get soooo much better and the stories got soooo much darker).

In the animated series, Dick does become Nightwing and Tim gets the cool new Robin costume and the extending metal staff.

In the comics, Jason Todd is a street kid that tries to steal the Batmobile. Bruce takes him in, makes him the second Robin. Jason is reckless, takes on the Joker and is brutally killed.
A year later finds Batman becoming increasingly violent and Bruce being Batman 100% of the time.
Tim Drake (in Jr. High) does some detective work and figures out that Dick Grayson is Nightwing.
Doesnt take too much thinking to put the rest together.
Tim just shows up in the Batcave, starts saving Bruce's ass from time to time and becomes the New Robin by saving him from The Scarecrow.
Tim gets sent off abroad for a year to be trained (by the world's top killer, it turns out) and is the more of Batman's partner than sidekick.
Tim keeps Bruce from going too far.
In the comics, Tim (Robin)is 16-17 years old: a in high school.

Read Jim Lee's run of Batman (called "Hush") for some great storytelling with both Robin and Batman playing head games with Catwoman.

Somehow they forgot about Tim with Teen Titans.
Ug.

On the good side, Paul Dini is making a new -more adult oriented?- Batman Animated series starting with his first mission as Batman: Bruce is thinner than we're used to seeing Batman (but still bigger than Nightwing ever gets) and a bit lower tech (black leather utility belt with pouches).
Looks cool from the teaser pics I've seen.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three Robins? Why couldn't they get their own names/costumes?
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Comic continuity is black magic. Only more difficult.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Cartman
Member # 256

To make sense of, yeah.

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps