Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Space, the colorful frontier (Page 8)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Space, the colorful frontier
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot an E!
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So if I understand this correctly, from the animated series:

Dick Grayson's parents are killed, and Bruce takes him in. DG finds out about Batman and becomes Robin soon after. DG is unable or unwilling to work under Batman's command, and Bruce isn't the partner type. So, after Batgirl joined [which I never quiet understood how that happened], DG left for parts unknown, leaving the Robin suit behind. He went to another town and became Nightwing, honing his skills and making a name for himself. Meanwhile, back in Gotham Batman and Batgirl are doing well. They run into Tim Drake, who also finds out about Batsy and becomes Robin 2 [or 3 depending on your storyline, but Jason Todd was never in the animated series]. About this time, DG returns to take Batgirl back with him... she refuses, he sticks around long enough to get a clue. Nightwing leaves and goes off to become his own hero elsewhere. Meanwhile, Joker kidnaps Drake and tortures him. At this point Batman is involved in the death of the Joker and both Batgirl and Robin hang up their suits--- Batman on the other hand grows dark and apathetic. Eventually, as time goes on, Batman has retired due to age. This is the point where Terry McGenius comes onto the scene as the new Bat.

However, through Batman Beyond it seems to me that Dick is dead. 1) Bruce has Dick's clothes, 2) Barbara makes no mention of Nightwing's whereabouts when the situations concerning Terry would make that necessary 3) He never visits 4) During the "Return of the Joker" Terry doesn't go to visit Dick but he does go to see both Barbara and Tim. --- Maybe it's another dirty little secret like Joker's death?

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's hinted in Batman Beyond that Bruce and Barbara had an intimate relationship at some point.
That's probably why Dick never returned.

Bruce might've warned off Terry (about visiting Dick Grayson).

Bruce having the Nightwing costume means nothing: he has Batgirl's and Barbara is still alive.

If only they'd make a really faithful Batman Beyond live-action movie instead of the silly thing in development (with Frank Miller's "bat-tankmobile, no less!).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people here know far too much about cartoon comic character costume continuity for my liking.
Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that any better or worse than knowing about the continuity in a fictional series?

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not talking just about Nightwing's old custom [which I like almost as much as the Beyond uniform for Batman--- as a hero's custom], during one of the early episodes Terry puts on a sports coat that has the initials DG and he asks "Who is DG?" and doesn't get an answer until Barbara tells him about Dick Grayson and he puts it together.

Whether or not Dick knew about the relationship, Barbara spurned him soon after he returned as Nightwing. It was clear their relationship would go nowhere... Dick doesn't seemed to be the kind of guy that fools around, I doubt he'd prolong a dead relationship.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should point out that animated Tim is completely different from comic Tim. The animated version has a gangster dad who is killed, and is about 12. Comic Tim actually has a normal family (or had, I'm not sure anymore), is about 16-17, and is generally very down to earth.

As for Nightwing, there's a line in the BB: Return of the Joker movie, where Barbara says to Tim:

"You should look up Nightwing at some point. Does he have some stories to tell..."

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't believe that was the actual line. I believe the line was Barbara telling Terry to look into Nightwing's background and adventures, not to actually find him.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno. Here is the actual dialogue:

quote:
Terry: Were all of you that bitter when you left?

Barbara: Comes with the territory, McGuiness. Look up Nightwing some day, has he got stories.

That sounds more like she's telling Terry to look up a living Nightwing than a dead one.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa nelly this thread is scramble nerd city.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Putting in a reference to a semi-obscure Japanese OVA doesn't somehow reverse the nerdity status of this thread or you.

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps