Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Offhand reference: Captain Shelby? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Offhand reference: Captain Shelby?
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Vendetta was a very good read. Elements of it make me think of what the Borg should have been.

If anyone shouldn't be alowed to write Trek, its Shatner

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I mean, that was just cringeworthy.
No, that was hilarious. I love "New Frontier" for stuff like that. It doesn't take itself too serious and you never know what crazy thing happens next.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^ Hermaphroditic sex happens next. [Eek!]

Vendetta was alright. I liked the premise with the Planet Killer and the descriptions of the Borg, but like Jason says some of the characterization was out there.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Vendetta"

I was young and impressionable when I read that...it was also one of the few Trek novels I have ever read. I liked it then, but again that was before I saw my first naked chick. So its probably pretty gay now.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"If anyone shouldn't be alowed to write Trek, its Shatner"

Well, that's okay, since he doesn't, really...

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, just Kirk triumphant return from the grave... twice
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bond, James Bond:
^^^ Hermaphroditic sex happens next. [Eek!]

Vendetta was alright. I liked the premise with the Planet Killer and the descriptions of the Borg, but like Jason says some of the characterization was out there.

Oddly, his depiction of the Borg in that book is one of the very best I've ever read and the Planetkiller is really cool as well but...that's really where the good parts stop.

About the end of chapter two, I belive.

As bad as Peter David has become, John Vornholt is far far worse: everything he writes involves multiple books and Picard saving the whole fucking galaxy.
That whole "Genesis Wave" series was abyssimal.

Ug.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"No, just Kirk triumphant return from the grave... twice"

No, I mean, Shatner didn't write them.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will pretend to be shocked at the notion that Star Trek novels are terrible.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the DS9 re-launch was incredibly GOOD.

Really, go pick those up: a lot of intresting new characters added to the cast and (thankfully) they did'nt even mention Worf once!.

Gotta love it.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of the "Lost Era" books were pretty decent as well. "The Art of the Impossible" being the best IMO.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's because Keith DeCandido is tha shit, yo.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Word.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on, Lee, just 'cause he's having computer problems doesn't mean you have to rub it in.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So is Commander Shelby's canon name Elizabeth or did they just decided to use the actress' real name for the Trek Encyclopedia?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps