Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » My favorite scene in all of Trek (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: My favorite scene in all of Trek
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Klingon laughed - I always took that to be dead silence from EVERYONE except McCoy who was laughing at his own joke.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it possible all of you are forgetting about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GocYPq0h1EM

(okay, it's technically three scenes, but you'll get my point)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that entire episode.

EDIT: I've always been partial to this scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmX8GYg0Ml4

Unfortunately the only one on YouTube I could find and its in Italian.

[ June 17, 2007, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: Fabrux ]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew: I'm quite sure that was supposed to be a Klingon laughing, because it had a longer echo than McCoy's voice. Plus, we saw McCoy looking up at the gallery/audience for a reaction...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jonas:
Is it possible all of you are forgetting about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GocYPq0h1EM

(okay, it's technically three scenes, but you'll get my point)

Ohhhh - I was SO worried it was going to be the 'it's a fake bit' - when I first ever watched that episode - that one line hit me so hard. It's SCARY! Great work though!

"IT's a FAAAAKKKKKKEEE!"

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeez, I can't believe I forgot about that scene, from my favorite DS9 ever!

I agree, that line was so scary when I saw it the first time, because everyone figured that the Romulans were going to end up joining the bad guys. But instead, Garak had one final surprise...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite scene:
SISKO: "It's no illusion."
(just before the station opens the ultimate can of whoop-ass on the klingons)

Another favorite is (super-asshole) Keevan being used as a remote-controlled zombie ala Spock's Brain.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the "its a FAAAAAAKE" episode, I thought another scene was better - Sisko confronting Garak after the Romulans' shuttle was destroyed.

However, I thought he made too big of a deal out of it. He wasn't an accomplice to murder; he didn't know what Garak was going to do. But I still got chills with his "I can live with it" line. And "Computer, erase that entire personal log." Nice touch.

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Daniel, those are the two scenes included in the video I linked here. And those are the scenes I wanted to remark...
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite DS9 scene was probably when Sisko decked Q.

Q:"You HIT me? Picard never hit me."
Sisko: "I'm NOT Picard."

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doctor: I haven't seen the link yet; my sound's dead so I thought what's the point? Sorry for being redundant though.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Q appearing as human on the bridge of the Enterprise.

"I am human! What must I do to convince you?" "Die." "Oh, very funny Worf. Eat any good books lately?"

And Q claiming to be God.

"Q, you are not God! The universe is not so badly designed!" "Blasphemy! You're lucky I don't cast you out, or smite you, or something."

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Q:

VOY "Q2" - "If the Contiuum's told you once, they've told you a thousand times. DON'T PROVOKE THE BORG!!!"

It's DeLancie the elder's bugging-out eyes that really does it for me.

Also, I agree with just about all of ItPM. I could have sworn it got mentioned before, though...

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Sorry for the double-post; I can't edit my above post anymore and just thought of this.)

DS9 "You Are Cordially Invited...":

Bashir: "Miles... it's working. I've had a vision, about the future. I can see it so clearly."
O'Brien: "What is it?"
Bashir: "I'm gonna kill Worf. I'm gonna kill Worf. That's what I'm gonna do. I can see it clearly now, I'm going to kill... him..."
O'Brien: "Kill Worf."
Bashir: "Kill Worf."
Both: "Kill Worf... Kill Worf."

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh. That was a bachelor party they won't soon forget!
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps