Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek XI Teaser (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Star Trek XI Teaser
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RllSZW_YLk8&feature=dirRllSZW_YLk8

All I have to say is that I'm very pleased... [Smile]

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't wait for the HD version

--------------------
Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay... they have NEVER filmed any Star Trek ship in this way. It's huge, it's dramatic. I like the quote from TrekMovie:

quote:

Bottom line is that the teaser trailer delivers exactly what it had to do. It sends the message that we today are linked to Gene Roddenberry�s future with the USS Enterprise and her crew. It shows that Star Trek is not a fantasy, not from a galaxy far far away�it is real and it is us. The trailer also creates a new sense of majesty and epic style for the franchise that has not been seen since the time of Star Trek The Motion Picture. The message here to the general film audience is, like this ship depicted, Trek is big�really big�and JJ Abrams is constructing it right now.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the official version is online, like, Monday?
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The official one is up at movies.yahoo.com now. I like the look of the ship, but I think they hosed up the scale. Judging by the guys on the surface of the saucer, it looks almost twice as big as it should be. But I'm thinking (hoping) that this is *just* a teaser, and not meant to be in the final movie, and they get the final scale right.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's also a viral marketing site.

ncc-1701.com

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. I wonder what it is we're supposed to be watching on that site? Hmm.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The official site has it in HD

There appear to be some shots of other parts of the ship, but it is difficult to tell what sections they are.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not really. Top of a nacelle near the back, the pylons, ventral saucer...

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, this must be a US-only thing as I don't see any links on that website to a trailer.

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy crap, that was awesome.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
Interesting. I wonder what it is we're supposed to be watching on that site? Hmm.

Underneath those cameras that online there are arrows your supposed to play around with until you get a clear picture. Mostly it just people welding stuff on the Enterprise.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fabrux: No links, it's an embedded Flash player like is so popular these days.

Ehh. I don't like it. Those guys with the goggles and the grubby skin don't look like how I would envision Starfleet yard workers. Dunno, I just feel like it's too "dirty." And they look like they're just using plain old fashioned heat to weld the metal together... [Frown]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Hmm. Well, I guess its a case of my laptop not having the latest version of Flash. Works fine on my desktop.

--------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. Abrams loves the whole viral thing. Like Cloverfield there's this back story and multiple websites created alluding to one thing that doesn't end up in the movie. I haven't seen Cloverfield yet, but from what I've heard all the shit made up at the Tagruato and Slusho and other sites never made it into the movie. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing for this movie as well.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps