Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek XI Teaser (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Star Trek XI Teaser
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that's why I mentioned a whale before; the "stolen" "concept art" for the monster showed a big-ass thing (even bigger than the one in the movie) that looked decidedly whale-like, blue-whale like in fact, with about 6 pairs of flippers that it walked around on. Supposedly something in the water dumped in by Tagruato mutated it.

So, I return to what I said before about fake "leaks" concerning Trek XI... maybe some of the stuff we read just plain isn't true, and is actually being made up and distributed on purpose.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well my example being that on the Tagruato site it mentions a deep sea drilling platform opening in Sep '07 in the north Atlantic. One might conclude that this platform unearthed the sleeping monster and it went on to attack New York.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ Daniel, that "stolen concept art" for Cloverfield wasn't created by the movie production at all. It was one guy's artwork that the internet community latched onto. Kinda like a lot of people have thought that Gabe Koerner's Enterprise is the one in the new movie.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hobbes: My brother told me before the movie came out that he'd read about that drilling platform putting some kind of toxic byproduct in the water or something which mutated the monster.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell, if they remade Hitchcock's Birds now (I say "if," they're remaking everything these days!), there'd be a viral website hinting/explaining WHY the Birds attacked. Hollywood executives don't do metaphor: "Meta4? Isn't that a new video game? Great, we need that demographic!"

I seem to vaguely remember coming out of The Blair Witch Project with all sorts of questions. And ask them I did!.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps