Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » New station for "The Ultimate Computer" (Page 13)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: New station for "The Ultimate Computer"
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would posit brainwave interference due to direct senspry overload.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Masao:
quote:
Originally posted by Guardian 2000:
It's reported elsewhere* that the CBS-D guys figured this ought to be a Starfleet-tech Medusan vessel, but this simply means they weren't paying attention.

* http://www.subspace-comms.net/index.php?topic=2373.msg80332

Hey! I'm that reliable source! G2K links to Shik's post in the Subspace Comms thread where he quotes my post from a few pages earlier here. We're chasing our own tails!
What's more, on Memory Alpha it now says that no name or registry were assigned to the vessel, likely based on your comment. Perhaps you could ask Okuda for clarification on that?
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's even more hilarious is that MA has a picture of Kollos.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Guardian 2000:
It's reported elsewhere* that the CBS-D guys figured this ought to be a Starfleet-tech Medusan vessel, but this simply means they weren't paying attention.

* http://www.subspace-comms.net/index.php?topic=2373.msg80332

Hey! I'm that reliable source! G2K links to Shik's post in the Subspace Comms thread where he quotes my post from a few pages earlier here. We're chasing our own tails!
Heh, nice.

The SCN reference was simply the first I'd found, since I didn't have all day to research.

After all, right now we have *two* threads talking about the damn ITiTNB ship, this one being titled for another episode entirely, the other of which links to page 10 here. It's ugly.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Help us, Moderator Man! [Razz]
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
What's more, on Memory Alpha it now says that no name or registry were assigned to the vessel, likely based on your comment. Perhaps you could ask Okuda for clarification on that?

I don't want to be to much of a nuisance asking him all sorts of questions.

Whoever wrote that MA page is wrongly representing paraphased email information as a direct quote from Mike Okuda. Also, the failure of Mike Okuda to mention in his email whether a name and registry had been assigned is not the same as him saying that no name and registry was assigned. You can't trust Wikipedia!

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK. Update time. Mike Okuda says he didn't have the time to come up with graphics for the ship, so the name and registry "remain a mystery" (meaning, I guess, that it may have a name and registry, but the Medusans aren't saying). Also, he says that "it's reasonable" that the tubes out the back are for the impulse drive, but you can't really tell from the model.

Hey, I have a MA page! http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Masao_Okazaki
Feel free to add libelous things about me!

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that word libelous and lie prostrate before your fame and notoriety.
Joshua Bell
Member # 327

- posted      Profile for Joshua Bell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
Maybe the Medusans don't just look like glowy lights. Not every "non-corporeal" being has to be a glowy fuzzy cloud after all. Maybe they're not even 'ugly' in the traditional sense but some construction of higher-dimensional shapes that drives humans insane when they see it because their brain just can't make sense of it.

Very Lovecraftian - there are things out there in the cold, dark expanses of space, far from the coddled warmth of our safe stretches of the known Earth, which merely knowing about will drive men insane!

Never forget the strong Lovecraft/Star Trek connection, with great old ones lurking around ever corner. One of the original series writers was even featured in a Lovecraft story.

Ia! Ia! Ah... the 60's. [Smile]

--------------------
http://www.calormen.com/Star_Trek/FAQs/

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

YES! Your a whore! [Big Grin]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"One of the original series writers was even featured in a Lovecraft story."

It was Shari Lewis, wasn't it? I knew that Lamb Chop was up to no good...

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Whoever wrote that MA page is wrongly representing paraphased email information as a direct quote from Mike Okuda. Also, the failure of Mike Okuda to mention in his email whether a name and registry had been assigned is not the same as him saying that no name and registry was assigned. You can't trust Wikipedia!

Actually, one of our admins has regular contact with Mike Okuda about remastered tidbits like this. So that information very likely wasn't based on your posts here [Wink]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the poor bugger is answering the same questions over and over? Perhaps someone should suggest he start a TOS-R/General Trek blog to save himself some time. I'm sure he'll have no shortage of volunteers to run it for him.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:
quote:

YES! Your a whore! [Big Grin]
Or profusely complimentary in an uncomfortable-like manner. One of the two...
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
quote:
quote:

Actually, one of our admins has regular contact with Mike Okuda about remastered tidbits like this. So that information very likely wasn't based on your posts here [Wink]
Indeed it was not. Okuda's quote on the MA page, which is a quote directly from Okuda, is only partially what he told Masao, so I don't understand how it "wrongly represented" a source (this site) that it was not taken from.

--Alan

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps