Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » New station for "The Ultimate Computer" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: New station for "The Ultimate Computer"
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah that DS9 game sucked mega balls. Ruined the Dominion War for me.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They made Starship Creator, didn't they? That was good for a few weeks of fun when I was younger.
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HerbShrump:
Masao, would you care to tell us more about Simon and Schuster?

*snip*

I don't want to know anything confidential. I am just wondering what your general thoughts are and if you have any other insights since you've been more involved with them than a lot of others.

I really don't know much. I work with an editor; We communicate by email. He tells me what they want, I send him sketches and artwork, he returns them with comments and suggestions, and the cycle repeats. Both jobs I did for them were only about 6 weeks start to finish. Both jobs have been a lot of fun. I have absolutely no complaints. The hardest part is being sworn to secrecy about the work. Time passes, and the mailman eventually brings me a check and a box of free books.

What goes on in the company beyond that, I have no idea. If you go to the Trek Lit forum at Trek BBS or the Trek forum at the S&S website you might find out more.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More pics http://trekmovie.com/2008/02/07/tos-r-producers-talk-ultimate-computer-and-share-new-images/
Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh! Shiny!!!

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Despite the new movie making it look insignificant, Okuda's random registry numbers still annoy me.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Masao did you also work on a comic, cause the new "Romulans" comic features a Romulan ship which bears a striking resemblance to some ships on your sight. It's even green.

-

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Isn't being green the least unique thing about any particular Romulan ship?)
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slightly off topic, but the Excalibur's registry has been made canon as NCC-1664, while Hood is NCC-1703. In the pic of the four Connies in formation, the Excalibur is at bottom with the Hood being at the right. I still can't tell which of the other two are Potemkin and Lexington respectively, but given that Lexington, Hood, and Excalibur have had their registries made canon, Potemkin's registry would probably be made canon as NCC-1657.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Masao did you also work on a comic, cause the new "Romulans" comic features a Romulan ship which bears a striking resemblance to some ships on your sight. It's even green.

Nope. That's not my work.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
More pics http://trekmovie.com/2008/02/07/tos-r-producers-talk-ultimate-computer-and-share-new-images/

Did you notice that the Lexington (NCC-1709) has FOUR bow windows? I a little disappointed that we didn't get a variety of ship classes rather than just four Constitutions, but little differences like that just make my day! [Big Grin]
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

It's those little things that make life worth it! [Big Grin]
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'll be picking this one apart all next week. They said that the ships will have little differences while remaining overall Constitution-class ships - and window confirguration seems to be one of them. Tiny things, but they're thinking of us. Sweet!

Mark

PS - Though it should have been easy to, for example, give one or two of the ships the older-style nacelle ends the Enterprise model had...

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, the screen caps seen so far show all ball ends...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking in the universe of the show,it would actually be better to have 4 identical ( or nearly identical) ships for the computer test. If they used connies with vent-ended-nacells, wich point to an earlier model, there would be differences like upgraded weapons, or new hull plates that disperse phaser bursts better, which could throw off the experiment.

Of course, I too would like to see more than one class of starfleet ship for this era

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps