Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » New station for "The Ultimate Computer" (Page 3)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: New station for "The Ultimate Computer"
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How so? It's not like they were throwing them against four D-7s or something. I thought the idea was simply to engage a numerically superior force, and by extension greater firepower than any normal starship with a meat crew would normally deal with. The class of the ship wouldn't be relevant...

A legitimate test along your line of reasoning would pit the Enterprise against ONE Constitution class ship of equivalent cpaability. That would make more sense than the gangbang she actually found herself stuck in.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe she's just a slut.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn it Dan, that was my line. Very good.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey don't blame the victim.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, come on. M5 wanted it, and bad. Went to great lengths to get it. (Lengths, geddit? Omigawd I'm regressing in age as we speak...)
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
A legitimate... gangbang she actually found herself stuck in.

Mark

See, she did ask for it.

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
" How so? It's not like they were throwing them against four D-7s or something. I thought the idea was simply to engage a numerically superior force, and by extension greater firepower than any normal starship with a meat crew would normally deal with. The class of the ship wouldn't be relevant... "

Hmm, sorta what i was thinking, only that the enterprise should be able to defeat ships older than her, and therfore mostlikely less advanced, and weaker. It would be a more relevant test of the computer's abilities if the enterprise was sparring off against ships that she could normally only be able to come to a stalemate with. If the computer could defeat the other ships, it would show some "advantage" that the system gives, and hence its usefullness.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Save you seem to be leaving out the 4 to 1 odds sean. It is the odds that make a difference in the case of a weaker set of ships killing off a stronger one. The 4 can lose up to three and remain a fighting force. The one can not lose anything and say the same.

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True....
But, thats the purpose of the targetting computer, isn't it? The M5 would even the odds by giving the Enterprise superior weapons targeting capabilities, or what ever else it does. By providing identical ships, if the Enterprise won, it would mostlikely be because of the M5 computer and it's abilities, not because sulu was able to outmaneuver the others, or chekov was able to get in a crack shot. It eliminates most of the variables in the experiment.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to Mike Okuda, this base was labeled "Starbase 6"

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FuturamaGuy:
According to Mike Okuda, this base was labeled "Starbase 6"

Did you get this information directly from Mike Okuda?

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, this information comes from Mike Okuda. He e-mailed J�rg about the Starbase registry and the NCC-325 of the Woden.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a nice tie-in to the shuttle from the Motion Picture Directors Cut and the low reg of the Woden suggests the design is from the early 23rd Century and the design is NOT Antares-Class. So I guess I won't have to go relabel the ASDB diagrams. [Wink]
Still, I feel the urge to change the nacelles to something akin to Phase II...

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this the lowest-known NCC now? The only other one that pops to mind is the Grissom, NCC-838...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Is this the lowest-known NCC now? The only other one that pops to mind is the Grissom, NCC-838...

You mean NCC-638.
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps