Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » You're the Admiral! -- Valten Sector, Part I (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: You're the Admiral! -- Valten Sector, Part I
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here's question 3:

A.akb1979
I am tempted to ignore it unless they send out a distress signal, but in all likelihood that will just end me up in the soup, both with the Cardassians and Starfleet Command...

I'll send the Renown to head towards them, broadcasting their intentions and asking if the Cardassians want our help. If they don't reply I'll carefully, as I smell a potential trap. Renown will approach, scan the ship carefully to attempt to determine life signs, cause of the emergency and mount a rescue as necessitated. It will give me a good chance to get some close up intel on the ship at least, and if possible I might even be able to aid in repairing &/ tow it to E73 for some light espionage on the quiet, before gladly handing it back to the Cardassians when they ask for it back. Hokkaido is on standby to help if the situation gets hot.

If they tell me leave them alone (which I suspect they might) or they destroy the ship there is nothing I can do. If, however, the Cardassians send in reinforcements, we will hail them and offer help - we will make out that we want to help them rather than accuse them of a sneak attack, but we'll be careful to prepare for action if it actually is one.

B.
The pros are that I can gather intel on the Cardassian fleet movements when ever the Xepolites come into contact with them, as the Cardassians are prone to bragging etc. We can also get a better fell for just how tight the Xepolites and the Cardassians are. Hopefully not too close, which we might be able to exploit and gain an ally in this tense region of space. Ideally I'd like to know if L860 is a civilian or (most likely I think) a military outpost. If possible, I'd like to know any rumours about fleet deployments into the Nebula (although most is likely to be just rumour).

The cons are if they get caught. If its by the Xepolites, probably no problem but potentially embarrassing. Worst case, it makes them side with the Cardassians against us. If they end up in the hands of the Cardassians it could be a lot worse - I'm not sure we could mount a rescue, so we may have to burn them. Worryingly, the Cardassians are supposed to be extremely good at getting information out their prisoners. They might even be hauled in front of a court and tried for espionage or worse, potentially souring relations between our two powers. If I were in their shoes in such a scenario, I could conceive that it might make a good pretext for conflict and/or a Federation land snatch. Not good.

Despite my concerns I ok the mission and tell her my priority is intel on L860, fleet movements and boarder plans / space claims.

C.
My nearest ship is currently the Moore, which is as much use as a chocolate poker in a fight. I am ordering the Wellington to later it's patrol route to Iadora <-> G38. Renown will alter patrol to encompass G38 as well, taking a G38 -> J123 -> E73 and back route. Moore will stay in proximity of which ever ship is closest to G38 continue long range sensor sweeps of the nebula. I am also ordering the Hokkaido to patrol the southern region, near E73 and Shawaddywaddy. Walker can stop scanning K484 and report to Minos Korva. If needed it can aid patrols further North or aid Shawaddywaddy from there.

If it kicks of near E73 I am planning a withdrawal, scuttling the station if I need to or relocating it to either J123 or Minos Korva.

D.
As per part C, I intend to rearrange my fleet movements to take a less passive defence already. I anticipate E73 to be a potential target given it's proximity to Cardassian space, and have outlined plans to vacate, rather than defend the area if pressed into a fight.

I expect an attack there, but I expect it to be a diversion to their main front, which will come to the North West from the Nebula. G38 will be poorly defended and newly established, making for a good target. Renown and Wellington should be defence enough, with support from Walker and Hokkaido if needed. Iadara looks a tempting target, but it's too far away for an attack I think, although we'd be chasing them rather then defending if they did.

However, if they strike hard at E73, they may take the system and move onto either J123 (unlikely given proximity to G38) or Shawaddywaddy, which would make a good staging post for an invasion of Minos Korva. If E73 falls I may need to evacuate Shawaddywaddy and form a defensive ring around Minos Korva and J123/G38, splitting my forces into two protective rings. I'd also ask for more help if available and be prepared to evacuate G38 (which will be the easiest to relocate, forcibly if needed).

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey AKB, glad you joined in! You get naming rights for E73. I figure everyone's putting outposts there, it should have a name too.

I'll hold off a couple more days to let everyone catch up, expect the next question on Sunday! [Smile]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I've been inactive here for a while, was bored in my new job and thought of here as I surfed the Net. Glad I did, I have always enjoyed these scenarios.

Naming a system...oooh! [Smile] OK, let's call it it the Wyo system then. [Smile]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Question Four

1. Objectively critique one of the other answers to Question 3E. Remember to take into account the respondent’s choices in the sector and how they differ from yours. Point out at least one weakness in that defense strategy.

2. Assume that for the other answer that you are critiquing, that the Cardassian forces do take advantage of any weakness outlined in Part 1 of this question. If you had made that choice, how would you move your forces when the attack came?

1. The Cardassian convoy spotted in question 3(C) makes for system G38 and settles on the fourth planet, with the warships taking up patrol stations in the system. (The first player to respond to this question gets dibs on the name. Make sure it sounds Cardassian!) On the way, they also established a small outpost in deep space in the grid square immediately “north” of Wyo (fka E73). How will these newly established outposts affect your fleet deployment and your development plans for the sector?

2. Trade with the Xepolites is increasing; they’re buying larger quantities of foodstuffs from Valten and Minos Korva and transporting them to other systems to the “south” via the trading station. Your intelligence officer relays a report that there might be Cardassian operatives infiltrating the Federation colonies aboard these ships. She recommends instituting stricter scanning and identification protocols for all non-Federation ships landing on colonies in sector, with the goal of locating and detaining any potential infiltrators. What do you think of this proposal?

3. Given the escalations with the Cardassians on both the diplomatic and military fronts, Starfleet has asked you to submit a plan for strengthening the defenses in your sector.

1. First, Starfleet will expand the fleet in your sector. They will allocate either one additional heavy cruiser-size ship (of any class), or two smaller starships. Describe what ships you’d like to have assigned (and why), and what their duties in the sector will be.

2. Review the defenses of the colonies in the sector as well. Assume that the new colonies you established in question two have early warning sensors and basic portable shield generators for defense. What types of additional defenses, either mobile or static, would you recommend? Which colonies might need stronger defenses? Assume that your available resources for building these defenses will be relatively small.

4. Your starship nearest R047 (or your colony on Baro Foro) observes an unusual event: a large comet unexpectedly strikes Baro Foro II, a class-N (Venus type) planet. This planet had been surveyed, but deemed uninhabitable and unterraformable because of the thick acidic atmosphere which also interferes with detailed scans.

The impact strips Baro Foro II of most of its heavy atmosphere, and the comet’s water mixes with what’s left to quickly convert the planet to L-class, barely habitable with breathers. What’s more, riches in the form of dilithium, kemacite, latinum, and sarium are discovered once the atmosphere was removed; the mineral wealth is now available for difficult, but practical mining (this is long before particle fountain or transporter technology is advanced enough for remote mining, and probably never will be).

Two important details: One, a long-range scan shows that the area immediately at the impact crater has fused local kemacite deposits with some unknown stuff that was in the comet, giving it some unusual subspace-altering properties that the Federation science council (and many others) would KILL to get. Two, the environmental changes are purely temporary, and even if someone brings in atmospheric processors, the air will return to an acidic soup within thirty years maximum, rendering any practical mining useless by that time.

1. Assess how the sudden change will affect the political and military climate for the Federation, the Cardassians, and the Xepolites. How have things changed? What new priorities should the Federation and your fleet concern yourselves with now?

2. Assume you’ve already sent off your request and whatever ships you requested are on the way but have not yet arrived. Redeploy your fleet and re-assess your defense strategy as outlined in part D.

Question 4(E) written by our old fleet admiral, Mark Nguyen. He actually wrote it for a different YTA scenario that I started long ago, so it may look familiar to some of you who've browsed my website. But that scenario was never finished, and this plot was too cool to leave unfinished!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Q3 answers:

1) (akb1979) Yeah, absolutely we'll render aid. If they'll have it; they might tell us to piss off. I actually have 2 ships in the area, Sumati & Zhiao Lok . The latter will respond, with the former continuing its patrol run but also keeping an eye out. Also, there's no harm in enticing some of the Cardassians into possibly telling us tales & maybe making offers of asylum to them; I'm sure they'd do tHe same if the roles were reversed. And if any engineering teams can get a good look at Cardassian equipment & computer files, great. In fact, if there's anyobe in the area on either ship with intel experience, I want them heavily involved.

2) I like this plan. Capital idea, Lieutenant Commander! That's the sort of thinking that puts pips on that collar. In the near-term, I'd want to know about military buildup & expansion plans; in the long term, I need to understand more about the Cardassian culture: how they think, how they operate, their motivations, needs, wants, & reasons. If it fails...well, it's not like Opration Dixie 80 years ago, but honestly, we're just intel-gathering. I can't believe they don't have anyone working for them in our borders. I mean, the Klaestrons are pretty friendly with them, & I bet the Xepoliyes are doing a bit for them as well, so there's a delicious irony in using them for our purposes as well.

3) I'm shocked. Truly.

The nearest ship is Nsenga , which has begun a chart-&-patrol up in that region near R186 & T482 after safely shepherding the colonists to Baro Foro. We'll turn her around & return her near the colony. At the same time, Zheng Zhilong will cut short her survey of T512 to join up, & Vermont will divert up that way as well—she's just finished a resupply dock at DS3 after her shepherd job to Amanda. With a three-pronged pincer, the Cardassians should feel sufficiently noticed & on guard. A Galor & two Hideki s should be easily handled by a light cruiser, a frigate, & a destroyer without a seriously bloodied nose.

But if they're heading to the northeast...hmm. I wonder...might they be trying for G38 or T512? Maybe set up a colony deep in the middle of what's rapidly becoming Federation territory? Wouldn't put it past them; a colony that deep gives them a phalanx from which to create havoc for us, no matter if they're surrounded or not.

4) Sure, they're mad; we've effectivley closed off 60% of the sector to them. Maybe that's why they've struck out for our turf. Four Galor s, though, huh? Grand. I'm not so sure my little defense fleet can handle that without abandoning every other mission it currently has. I'll send a status update to the Quadrant Commander & see if there's a heavier ship or two in a nearby sector I could borrow for a bit if the necessity arises. In the meantime...

Because of my placement of things, I'd expect Baro Foro, Amanda, & DS 3 to be the prime targets—definitely the latter. The station can hold its own, especially with a ship or two assisting. The colonies, though...they might need a defense delay action before allowing them to be temporarily occupied. Neither of them are isolated, though: there are surrounding Federation worlds & outposts to launch multi-vector reclamation counteroffensivea from. That was the idea behind the "defence-in-depth" concept. The only sticklers are if the Cardassians (A) drive for Iadara, in which case they have to go right past Baro Foro & we can intercept them thusly, or (B) they slide around south of Amanda, past K484 & Showaddywady, to do a rear strike against Minos Korva—in which case, we can still hit them at multiple points along their flight path.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Q4 answers:

A.1) (akb1979) I'm really not liking this.

All your forces are essentially massed in a single spot, waiting to be attacked. Despite your plans for coverage, the response times are likely to mean that when the bulk of your main force gets to the attack site, the Cardassians will already be well-entrenched. Also, use of your logistic support ships as combatants is an A-1 no-no in tactics; you'll need those ships to move in troops & move out civilians & wounded, so why risk them in battle if you don't have to? Furthermore, why do you have an Oberth on the thick of things? Will you ram an enemy with it? Better to have it far out in front, at an oblique to the most likely threat force flight path, using its sensor arrays as an advance early-warning & intel picket.

A.2) Shit, I don't know that there's anything that I could do with this plan. I mean, the main force is blown to shit, Cardie boots are tromping on Federation soil wih no or minimal way to remove them, the sector wide open & the command post destroyed or occupied. It's a real clusterfuck. The only thing I could see to do is retreat behind a farther defense perimeter & amass forces enought to go in & dig the fuckers out in a frontal assault, which is a fucking awful thing to have to do. Get ready for a fuckton of attrition.

B) Fuck, I KNEW it! EnTRENCHing little bastards...!

With the colony & the outpost, this now puts them within striking distance of Beaumonde & the as-yet-unnamed/unclaimed sister world (which is their next target, I bet), as well as the three primary targets I outlined: Baro Foro, Amanda & DS3. As far as fleet deployment goes, Vermont is closest, as is Zhiao Lok; let's put them on station nearby & have Sumati expand her patrol to that region. Zheng Zhilong can resume he rest of her mission—no, she can pick up Nsenga's mission, & Nsenga willloiter in the area of Baro Foro. This doesn't really alter my development plans, but it does put a damper on my suggested border line.

C) "Might be?" Or are? There's a big difference, & we're not in a war yet. No, Commander, I understand the need for vigilance—however, we can't be detaining foreign.nationals because they might be spies. Bring me proof & we'll see what we can do. Besides, sometimes having a known spy can work towards one's advantage. So. Get me that proof & we'll go from there. Dismissed.

D.1) Definitely the smaller ships; I can do more with numbers. If they send me another light cruiser, one of those new Sabers would be swell...those, or maybe a Steamrunner or Bastille. I'd rather have swifter, smaller armed vessels that can handle patrol duties & be able to swarm any threat vessel. They'd also fit in well with my defence-indepth. The big ships are nice, but until or unless we'll be seeing serious fleet action they're just a hindrance in a place like this & an excuse for escalation. Let them go handle somethibg big & important...until this becomes big & important.

D.2) Guh. Well, the established three (Iadara, Valten, Minos Korva) I'm less worried about—they're well defended both technologically & by distance from the disputed area. Baro Foro & Amanda, though...Honestly? Neither of them are set up for heavy defense or fighting; those folks just got to those rocks. I'm thinking...I'm thinking small & simple: mines & drones. We can seed those systems with tiered minefields & give them drones akin to the ones used in core world defenses. It's about the best we can do for them, & might slow up the Cardassians until the fleet can respond.

E.1) Holy fucking underwear. Do the Cardassians know yet? I'm sure they know. Fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck.

OK. We grab the swag. Establishment of the colony automatically made the system Federation territory, & if the Cardassians or Xepolites don't like it, too fucking bad. But now that's a major.military target; the Cards would LOVE to strip it bare & who knows what else they might do with the wonderstuff. So know our tiny little potentially-temporarily-abandonable colony in the middle of fuck-all nowhere has just become prime real estate. Faboo. It goes without saying that Baro Foro is now one of the spots for primary defense...& it means that there won't be any sideways slinking from the Cardassians. They'll strike right for that system, & probably try to claim it in border negotiations.

E.2) Nothing really changes, except I'll have to keep a cruiser or frigate in or near Baro Foro indefinitely; thank fuck I had the foresight to leave Nsenga in the area. The planned mines & drones will still aid in the defence with minimal cost & effort. I'm slightly regretting asking for the smaller ships, but I can deal, & I'm sure that I'll have more cruisers & explorer than I'll know what to do with if...when...the scrum starts.

Shik
Member # 343

My comm intercepts tell me the Cardassians are now referring to G38-IV as Kavnoor.

Also, the colonists on Baro Foro have started calling R047-II by tye name of Te Kerav. That's cute.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

C'mon guys! At this rate the Cardassians are going to settle the whole sector before I can post the next question! Then we'll have to change the name to "You're the Gul!"

(Hmmm..... That's actually not a bad idea. I'll have to give it some thought.)

--------------------

Shik
Member # 343

Wouldn't it be "You're The Legate"? Or, of still gul, call it " Gul, Whatcha Gone do."
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

I think there's probably some wider scope of rank in the title Gul; after all, Dukat was at different times both military governor of all of Bajor, and later commander of the Second Order—almost certainly equivalent to a fleet formation. In the Federation, those roles would probably be given to admirals. I always thought that Legate was more of a political-military title.

In any event, the following map has no direct bearing on the current scenario questions; I just thought it would be fun to do:

-

--------------------

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still up to my neck in theses (see what I did there?) and now sans a home computer - I think the board has died, which is a bit of a buggerance. But these are mere excuses, and excuses are not what s flare it's are made of, so I will try and get an answer tomorrow via the medium of smart phone, or possibly ipad if I can remember where I put it.

And for what it's worth, I always got the impression that Glinn and Gul were ranks earned either by service or through normal promotion routes, vis old navies. Legate was more of an appointed rank, perhaps similar to the honorary ranks royals are given, but with more clout and substance.

I suspect more ranks exist, or possibly Gul equates to "senior officer" and Glinn to "junior officer" and that there are maybe distinctions within these ranks we never heard on screen.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Shik
Member # 343

The lowest ever mentioned was gil, in the DS9TM.

That aside, the map is awesome, especially with all our nicely diverse names there. And everyone else needs to get crackin'!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cardassian ranks, as per Memory Beta.

Hope to have an answer in the next couple days.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

Sorry about the wait folks, but I had to do this at work. It looks like the mobo is totaled, so am without a home computer for a while, which is just what you need the week before you plan to submit a thesis, isn't it....[/grumble]

Question 4

Part A
    1. Fabrux. I agree that the way things stand you’d have trouble defending the region. Your patrols leave a wide defensive gap around Baumonde and also leave out the ‘southern’ region, which is a potential (if unlikely) route in through Xepolite territory. However, you have a defensive ring around Wyo and, unlike me you have concentrated your forces into two distinct groups – mine are patrolling the whole region and leaving everything spread pretty thin!
    2. If the convey headed for G38 is a prelude to an invasion fleet they might be able to make a quick break through the gap and make a beeline for Minos Korva, certainly colonising G38 in the process and probably heading forJ123/ Beaumond as well. My patrols would converge on G38 along with Walker to try to stop this, but may have to play catch up if they get too good a head start.

Part B

I am not happy with this at all. My patrols will have to alter their routes thus: Wellington will remain North, patrolling Iadara to Baro Foro, with Moore tagging along. Hokaido will continue to support the southern region, but between Wyo and Amanda. Ougadougo and Rotherham (my transports) will be ordered to keep back from the emerging front line. Renown will establish a patrol around Wyo, and Walker will move from Minos Korva to a circular patrol around Beaumonde. Strict instructions will be made to avoid close proximity to Kavndor and the Cardassian outpost. A region wide yellow alert is issued. This puts several colonies in extreme proximity to them and has me very worried.

Part C

I’d be most surprised if they didn’t have spies – we do after all. She’s right, in that the priority is to winkle out the spies, but if we start detaining every Tom, Dick and Harry that come by we’re going to start to loose friends, trade and potentially start trouble where we needn’t. The normal procedures we run should suffice until she can show me something more substantial that stating the obvious, and so I recommend further work by our friends on the trading station to try to identify the spymasters in the region. We’re in a cold war at the moment, so we might as well act like it.

Part D
    1. Well I am tempted by the oomph of a heavy cruiser, such as an Ambassador or Excelsior, common sense tells me to get two ships, perhaps a Challenger to assist the Wyo patrol and and a Freedom to support Beaumond.
    2. I assume that as long established colonies Iadara, Valten and Minos Korva have half decent defences. They are also away from the developing front, so most likely we’ll have warning if they are attacked. To some extent the same applies to Shawaddywaddy, at the moment out of danger. Suggest a good sensor grid upgrade and light defences, such as drones. I don’t want to mine there yet. Wyo base is now my central defence point, and as such should probably have fighters stationed there. Baeumond will benefit from the presence of Walker, but given its position between the Cardassian outpost and their new colony suggests I need to think hard about this. I suspect I might need to mine the system, as I can’t really afford to much more at the moment and order Walker to make the appropriate preparations. I definitely need to upgrade the sensors in this system.

Part E

1. Since we were beaten to system G38, I have suggested colonising efforts on Baro Foro and mining on planet II – all in on this one. The Cardassians are sure to have seen the events as we did and we have to beat them to it. Looks like they chose the wrong system to colonise! All transports are to move immediately to the area and Wellington and Moore are to tighten their patrol around that system. I am also going to have to fortify my position there, as I think when the shit hits the fan this system will be the one that the Cardassians go for – proximity to the nebula and their new colony make this a near certainty in my eyes. Let’s get what we can and try to give ourselves the best position for the future. My suspicions are that putting a base in Wyo has helps stave of Cardassian expantion in that region, but that I may lose the system at some point.
    2. As per part D.2 & E.1, I shall have a patrol around the planet and may need to immediately fortify the system, probably the easiest way would be by mining it. I suspect that this is where it’s going to kick off so I may leave the new Challenger around Wyo when it gets here and move the Renown to Baro Foro as well, but there is always the chance that by doing so I leave Wyo to thinly defended. My immediate priority is to get Baro Foro though.D.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A thousand apologies for the lateness of my reply. These questions are requiring more and more thought... [Wink]

Question Four

A.1) I think Ginger's hit it on the nose: four Galors cruising in will probably be a diversion to either a larger force or a sneak attack elsewhere. Having beein in the sector for as long as we have, the Cardassians definitely have a good idea of what forces we have and where they are stationed/patrolling. They will most likely head for Wyo as the most obvious target, but the real target would probably be Iadara. They will probably hope that the initial strike at Wyo will distract our forces enough to leave a token defence on the path to Iadara.

A.2) Well this is certainly a pickle. Here we have the heaviest hitters in the immediate area distracted on Wyo with a larger invasion force heading to Iadara. Obviously, the forces at Wyo can't leave until the four Galors are routed. My base there is adequately defending itself, especially with the Vindrus there to help. The Vittoria and Pikes Peak were between the nebula and G38 when the invasion fleet passed through and are heading in hot pursuit, with the Ajuntunen already on station at Iadara, not that they can muster much of a defence. I order the Toowoomba and the al-Kazim to Iadara with all possible haste; even though the Toowoomba is only a transport every gun I can bring to bare will be a help.

B) There goes my plans for a colony there. Good thing the colonists hadn't gotten that far yet! I would park that wagon train at Beaumonde and see if I can convince the colonists to settle on J123-IV. Certainly the equatorial regions aren't that cold. As far as the border negotiations go, this completely ruins everything forever. My main sector base at Wyo is now rather cut off from the rest of the sector, and the Cardassian settlement on Kavnoor is smack dab in the middle of any potential trade between Beaumonde and Baro Foro. To that end, I send off a request to relocate my sector base from Wyo to Beaumonde in anticipation of Wyo ending up on the wrong side of the new border. I also adjust the patrol of the Vittoria to give Kavnoor and Outpost 37 a wide berth on her patrol.

C) This is the frontier; all kinds of folks inhabit this region. A lot of them won't take too kindly to increased scans and are likely to get rather ornery about it. And besides, we have spies infiltrating the Cardassians and Xepolites; of course they're going to return the favour. I say some more work needs to be done to determine if there actually are spies and what they might be looking for. Perhaps a disinformation scam is in order?

D.1) I had previously requisitioned more forces in 3.D; looks like I just get the two Freedoms. The new arrivals to the Valten Sector are the USS Dumbarton NCC-57730 and the USS Olesha NCC-58134. The Dumbarton will run a patrol from T482 to Baro Foro to G40 and return while the Olesha will run from G40 to Beaumonde to Amanda and return.

D.2) Beaumonde will now benefit from the newly moved sector base, which should serve as adequate defense. However, early warning stations in the system's Oort cloud wouldn't hurt, as well as beefier shield generators for the colony itself. As for Shawaddywaddy, beefier shield generators would also be a benefit here, as well as the early warning system and a squad of drones.

E.1) AIRbody gonna want a piece of this pie. As it just so happens I have an extra colonization fleet parked at Beaumonde. Anybody have mining experience? As tempting as it would be to immediately send a full fleet right away, I don't think the Cardassians would take too kindly to that. This is going to cause HUGE waves politically and I don't know that I'd be able to fend off a determined Cardassian force that wants the planet. To that end, I send the Ajuntenen along with a few mining experts from Iadara down to Te Kerav to perform some detailed scans and get an idea what would be required to set up a mining operation on the planet as well as hopefully get a sample of the magic stuff the boffins want a look at. I'll send the Dumbarton to keep station while the Ajuntenen is there.

E.2) Okay, so, instead of the Dumbarton keeping station at Te Kerav, I guess I'll have to send the al-Kazim. Once the Dumbarton arrives, it will take over al-Kazim's patrol.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps