Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » You're the Admiral! -- Valten Sector, Part I (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: You're the Admiral! -- Valten Sector, Part I
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Question Six

1. Objectively critique another participant’s battle scenario from question 5(D). What elements do you consider useful and/or practical, and are there any aspects you would change?

2. The latest Cardassian convoy arrives in the sector. If you haven’t placed a colony in the Baro Foro system (R047), they set up camp on the third planet; otherwise, the convoy settles on the fourth planet of the Wyo system (E73)—regardless of whether you have your own colony or outpost in the system. Wyo IV is an inhospitable class-H world, and was generally ignored by the Federation’s survey missions. Apparently it’s a bit more desirable for the Cardassians. One Galor cruiser and 3 Hideki scouts begin patrolling the system.

1. How does this development affect your strategy? How does it affect your current fleet deployment?

2. One Hideki starts loitering closer to your colony or outpost in the system (even if your outpost is in deep space, up to 3 ly away from the system).

3. Your intelligence officer brings you urgent news. React accordingly:

1. If you sent a team to retrieve the missing agent, things went south: they got discovered shortly after arrival on the Cardassian colony where the missing agent was last heard from. The team lost one man, but the others made it back. No solid information about the first missing agent was obtained. There’s been no communication from the Cardassians on the matter.

2. Your starship closest to the McAllister Nebula has reported detecting some odd subspace fluctuations coming from within. According to the ship’s science officer, these readings may or may not be natural; your intelligence officer is convinced that this indicates the Cardassians are massing forces inside the nebula for a surprise attack.

4. Respond to the following developments:

1. Another civilian convoy has arrived in the sector, ready for immediate settlement. Choose a location for the newest colony. Justify your choice.

2. Your “westernmost” colony (excluding Iadara) reports it is experiencing problems with its early-warning sensor net; it’s giving lots of false positives and other garbage data. The colony requests support to repair and upgrade the sensor net; they have ships available to reach the probes, but don’t have the technical facilities to fix or replace them.

3. There’s an explosion in the main marketplace on the Xepolite trading station. At least 20 people are killed (mostly Xepolites, but 3 Federation citizens and 2 Cardassians died as well). The Xepolite security force reports that the bomb appeared to be made from Federation materials. They don’t accuse you of setting the bomb, but this incident has seriously chilled their disposition towards you.

4. Long-range sensors detect a lone Hideki, probably operating out of Kavnoor, scouting the G40 system. G40 has no habitable planets or moons, but is about halfway between Kavnoor and Minos Korva. How serious is this incursion to your fleet and strategy? Do you ignore them, monitor them, or confront them? Justify your answer.

5. You receive a status update regarding the border negotiations between the Federation and the Cardassians. The talks aren’t really going well: the Cardassians are making stronger demands, and have laid claim to Baro Foro and Beaumonde (J123)—in addition to the other colonies they’ve already settled on Kavnoor and Wyo IV. If you have placed colonies on these worlds, it seems the Cardassians want them gone. The diplomats are still considering the options; they want to know what sort of compromise you would consider acceptable; which worlds could be safely de-colonized and ceded to the Cardassians, and why?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to answer this...but I also want more than one other person to reply to Q5 first.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto. Which, I mean, is fine. We don't necessarily have to have a regular schedule with the questions. Wait for some more folks to catch up and then add another question?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay... I'll try to keep it fresh. I've been waiting for answers before I finalize the next question, to see where everyone goes—figuratively and literally. (Got a whole spreadsheet just to track the locations!)

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apologies, life's been...hectic. I'll try and look at these latest questions over the weekend.

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So is this it, then? Fabz & I are gonna have to answer each other's answers, yeh?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

Just popping in to say that I haven't given up, but still waiting for responses. (Shik, it makes sense to wait for more responses too!)

--------------------

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone. I'm really sorry that I've been such a flake with this - life has unfortunately gotten in the way of things for a few weeks. If people are still interested I will be back in civilisation next week, so I can post a couple of answers in a day or three. I am currently in Devon, and this is the first time I have had internet access for nearly three weeks properly - God knows how I managed for so long before broadband came along!

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Idontlikeusernames
Member # 1925

- posted      Profile for Idontlikeusernames     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you still accepting new submissions on this one?

--------------------
condemnant quod non intellegunt

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

Absolutely! If you catch up, maybe we can start it up again!

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps