Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Picard s3 News [$$$] (Page 1)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Picard s3 News [$$$]
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://twitter.com/startrek/status/1511388299973124099

Fuck me sideways with a Bat’leth. If they do this right - do right by all these characters and the actors who play them (in terms of screen time, character development etc.), who we all love, if it’s a genuine ensemble reunion for all that it’s Sir PS’s character’s name on the show, then… this rather overall disappointing show might just stick the landing!

I’m in my declining years. A SNW that doesn’t suck and a PIC s3 that is a proper TNG reunion, it’s not much to ask surely?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I admit there’s a lot of ifs in there, but what is the alternative to hope?

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Resignation to a never-ending spiral of flashy crap.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I’m very hopeful about this. For all the issues with the plot and pacing of season one, something they definitely nailed perfectly was the reunion with Riker and Troi. Yes, the stories are all about overwhelming apocalyptic consequences, but the characters have been overall great. And I think they’ve done right by all the characters from previous shows (except poor Icheb).

My biggest worry is if they can devote enough time to catching up with the crew without derailing the whole season. Catching up with Riker and Troi (filling in the gaps of the last 20 years) in a single episode was one thing, doing the same for Geordi, Worf, and Beverly does add complexity.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My biggest worries are that they kill off Picard (again) and put Worf into godawful STD makeup.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
My biggest worries are that they kill off Picard (again) and put Worf into godawful STD makeup.

I believe the showrunners have gone on record that they would not mess with Worf's look if/when he showed up. He's too iconic.

Also, is it just me, or is Spiner maybe reprising Lore? He sounded very Lore-ish here.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Lee
Member # 393

I was thinking maybe they get B4 working. He sounds more like him. And whereas it’s potentially questionable - when you think about it - to have poor B4’s rudimentary personality and minimal memories overwritten by Data’s, it’s arguably more troubling to have Lore’s treated so, evil though he was he was also almost as advanced and sentient as Data.

Though if they bring Data back does that cheapen the ending of PIC s1 which was a high point, even if the Data Picard says goodbye to wasn't the real Data (who was vaporised in a Thalaron explosion) but a backup of sorts?

The cast seem happy, even Gates who’ll freely admit the films short-changed her.

And Terry Matalas has been reassuring people that Worf looks, sounds - and smells! - like Worf…

--------------------

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
And Terry Matalas has been reassuring people that Worf looks, sounds - and smells! - like Worf…

No touch of lilac? Not my Worf! [Wink]

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I assumed that the Brent Spiner sound bite was Alton Soong returning from season 1.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I believe the showrunners have gone on record that they would not mess with Worf's look if/when he showed up.
Well, they sort of already messed with Martok so I'm still anxious.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I assumed that the Brent Spiner sound bite was Alton Soong returning from season 1.
Same. There's no way Brent can play Data again ... without a lot of CGI help.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
Member # 393

Nearly three days now and still no thread about the latest episode. Which could say something about how underwhelming people are increasingly finding this season, or maybe just because it’s Krenny who creates them, hope he’s OK.

And I’ve been thinking about these new developments. First off, let’s make no bones about it - this show is rotten. It is catastrophically bad. Nothing has really improved since the last season. OK it was nice in the premiere getting lots of new ship names and registries and classes, but it was ultimately meaningless - the very epitome of sound and fury signifying nothing. Did it suck us all in a bit? I’d say so. But we won’t be fooled again. And yet, Terry Matalas on Twitter promised “More Federation starships!”

It seems to have always been the plan to film s2 and s3 back to back. So the apparent decision to turn s3 into ST:TNG 2.0 can’t be a spur of the moment rearguard decision. And given it was always intended to have a limited run, and it’s called Picard, I suppose Pill, Briones, Hurd, Cabrera, Evagoria and Ryan can hardly object if they suddenly find themselves sidelined as it becomes These Are STILL The Voyages.

--------------------

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Nearly three days now and still no thread about the latest episode. Which could say something about how underwhelming people are increasingly finding this season, or maybe just because it’s Krenny who creates them, hope he’s OK.

I'm fine. Busy, but fine. And ya'll can start a thread for a new episode without me, y'know. [Razz]

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

I know, but it’s your thing.

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps