Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Picard s3 News [$$$] (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Picard s3 News [$$$]
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meanwhile, that fourth Kelvinverse film the cast didn’t know they were making… isn’t being made anymore. Looks like, as with SW, the future of Trek is solely televisual for the time being.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BillyPorter–Good.jpg

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
Given their hard-on for using those hopelessly ugly STO designs, I'm 1000% certain it's gonna be their hideous af Enterprise-F concept.

sigh

Lore! Moriarty! Someone else who wants to kill Picard and destroy the Earth and doesn’t care in which order! Played by Amanda Plummer who in old age - or just makeup - looks like Fred Ward now! Wants revenge against Picard. So what do we reckon? Some resuscitated/rejigged plotline from TNG, or yet another bit of excessive back history creation a la PIC s2?

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beverly kidnapped by Horny Space Ghost mk II. Picard must show her the healing power of organo-robodick.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Shik
Member # 343

Okay, uh, I didn't realized when I posted that there was a new trailer out & now I feel stupid, but also angry af about being predictively correct about Enterprise-F.

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the promised Khan-level villain looks like trailer park white trash.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I absolutely fucking hate that they used the STO Odyssey class for the F, although it doesn't surprise me one bit after season 2.

We've known about this design for 11 damn years, ever since that completely FUBARed 'Design the Enterprise-F' contest. And instead of coming up with a brand-new design (which they could then market the hell out of), they just use this ship (and not even the marginally better Yorktown class upgrade), spoil the design right away in a trailer instead of in the show proper, and make it look even more video-gamey than Eaglemoss's version. I also got the impression from that trailer that the F isn't really going to be special; it's just another ship in whatever fleet they have going there at that station.

I dunno, maybe Sir Patrick didn't want the new Enterprise to outshine him or his three-year vanity project.

Shik
Member # 343

They didn't even need an F. E would only be like 30 years old at the time; they should've kept it.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy shit. I hadn't seen the trailer, so when you said "Lore! Moriarty!", I thought you were jokingly giving an exaggerated prediction of how stupid they could possibly go. But, uh... nope.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It’s like the writers and producers overdosed on ‘memberberries.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Lee
Member # 393

It might be even worse. Cryptic mentions of “passing the torch” could indicate that there’s going to be a bit of backdoor-piloting going on. The obvious focus of that would be a new Enterprise-based show. So… a new post-VOY show (finally!), set on that Ent-F (ugh)… with Seven and Raffi as part of it maybe? There has to be a reason they’ve kept them around while ditching Rios, Elnor, um… Kim Pine and, er, android girl, Christ I’ve forgotten their names already - Agnes and Soji? … in varying degrees of plot organics. I guess what I’m asking is, do we want a post-VOY (I guess post-PIC, now) show that contains elements of what went before, or a true step into the unknown like TNG was?

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did we actually hear that called the Enterprise? Or are we just seeing the design, and assuming it has to be the Enterprise because of the Design-the-Enterprise project?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

It was labeled NCC-1701-F.

And if it’s a back door pilot, it will most likely be Star Trek: Titan, not Star Trek: Enterprise, considering the hard-on Matalas has for that ship.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Titan-A, and the Enterprise-F, are so ugly.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Member # 343

quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:
The Titan-A, and the Enterprise-F, are so ugly.

Those nacelles don't belong on Titan. The original Shangri-La model is gorgeous tho.

There has not been good starship design in coming on 20 years. These idiots do what they do because they think it looks cool & rad & sleek & futuristic, but instead it looks ugly & shitty & aggressive & poorly scaled. I will say that the 32nd-century Constitution design speaks to me, however.

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps