Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Picard s3 News [$$$] (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Picard s3 News [$$$]
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The trailer could've been for Nemesis: A new over-the-top foe of dark darkness we've never heard of has a monster ship and a personal score to settle with Picard while also having a strong desire to destroy a political alliance of 150 member worlds via some weapon. Oh, and another Soong android shows up.

Maybe pacifist Worf finally gets to ram something?

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I guess the mystery aliens who created the S2 transwarp conduit have been completely swept under the carpet?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"A new over-the-top foe of dark darkness we've never heard of..."

Oh, somehow it will turn out to be someone we've heard of before. It's a pathological obsession with these writers that everything has to be something we already know.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Over the top" is right.

Amanda Plummer looks like Mark Hamill after the crash.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
So I guess the mystery aliens who created the S2 transwarp conduit have been completely swept under the carpet?

It’s getting quite crowded under there what with the tentacular space replicants. And the fanatical Romulans who’re presumably not going to just renounce their religion just because a tubby retired Starfleet officer showed up with an outnumbering amount of cut’n’paste ships. And the suddenly cute’n’cuddly Borg. And the Wesley Travellers Club (now accepting clones, or androids, whatever the heck she was that the 21st Century Soong actually made)…

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Guardian 2000:

I’m SURE he’s done this. I mean he WAS married to Jadzia Dax. [Wink]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
quote:
Originally posted by Guardian 2000:

I’m SURE he’s done this. I mean he WAS married to Jadzia Dax. [Wink]
I see what you did there.

Getting back all the TNG crew, I feel like... well not sure how to say. Fan service, duh. But also a final farewell to the crew we grew up with.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As we approach Season 3, I've been hearing a LOT of good things. But after Seasons 1 & 2, the most I'm allowing myself is hoping this is a better sendoff than Nemesis... and for me that's a pretty low bar.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sometimes seems like I'm the only one on Twitter who HASN'T seen the first six episodes and then posted an eerily similar rave about how this is the send-off the TNG crew deserve. OK, me, Bernd and G2K anyway. And given what a superfan Jorg is and what good rapport he has with many of the cast & creatives, you'd think he'd have been a shoo-in for a sneak preview.

A LOT of people are going to have serious egg on their faces if this rather manufactured-sounding word of mouth... turns out to be all mouth and no trousers.

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I know is I saw Worf with four pips.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
Member # 393

Yeah, that’s confirmed. They seem to be cagey as to whether he was captain of the Ent-E - it’s at least implied; maybe even of the Ent-F, which is “now” fifteen years old and has had “several captains” but is being retired already for unclear reasons - and also what exactly happened to the Ent-E itself.

Also notable that the “Captain’s jacket” is going to be not just making an appearance but also doing a LOT of heavy lifting when it comes to the cast’s middle-age spread!

One non-spoiler review of the first six eps says one TNGer isn’t given much to do. Based on promotional material, I’m guessing it’s Troi - which would be a shame, if they did as they claim set out to redress how poorly Crusher was served by the TNG movies, and end up neglecting the OTHER female cast member…

(Marina deliberately left Twitter when Musk bought it, so there’s no way to judge from her Tweets anymore)

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

Oh, and here’s THAT excoriating review. Which many are questioning - its honesty, the reviewer’s personal motives, etc. It’s quite incoherent in parts, verges on hysterical, but the failings it alleges PIC s3 suffers from sound VERY familiar to those of us who’ve found it hard to overlook the same failings in s1 & s2. But then… it also feels like it’s telling naysayers what they WANT to hear…

https://www.engadget.com/star-trek-picard-season-three-paramount-plus-preview-review-080010650.html

--------------------

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's another negative one by a Disco fan, but I've dealt with him on Twitter before and I half suspect he's being contrarian for its own sake. Either way, I haven't seen anyone I actually trust giving glowing reviews, and I don't trust this guy's opinion either.

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/the-third-season-of-picard-is-star-treks-rise-of-skywalker/

One of these two did make the point that if you're doing fanservice and only doing it half-right, you're doing it all wrong, which I appreciated.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Shik
Member # 343

I am so unexcited for this show that if it weren't for all the hype (which is telling in itself) I probably would've forgotten about it.

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really want to like it but Matalas, besides being a huge jerk, sometimes seems to have no clue what he's doing:

quote:
NCC-1777-Shangri La Class. Launched in 2290 under the Command of Captain Saavik.
Enough with these super-fast promotions.

quote:
Because of Captains Saavik and Riker, the Titan’s legacy was continued with a brand new starship, one that would retain its registry, but now with the “A” designation, an honor only given to a select few starships.

NCC-80102-A. Constitution III Class, referred to in Starfleet slang as Neo-Constitution Class. This new Titan is primarily an exploratory vessel, honoring the retro design of the Constitution Class II. Launched in 2402 under the command of Captain Liam Shaw. Work began on a refit using the original Titan space frame, however, with the development of cutting-edge technology, the Titan’s design changed mid-construction and a new ship took form. As per tradition, Starfleet engineers affectionately designated it as a refit, having kept much of the original Titan’s internal components.

The Constitution III was designed to cater to a close support envelope at sub-light speeds, namely in and around densely populated solar systems, as witnessed by is overpowered impulse engines. To date, the new Titan has the largest sub-light power-to-geometry ratio in the fleet.

WTF? This is absolute nonsense.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps