Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Future Uniforms (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Future Uniforms
Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What kind of possible future uniforms have we seen yet?
I think 3.
The first is the one from "All good things..." TNG and "The Visitor" DS9.
The second is from "Relativity" VOY.
And the third is worn by LaForge in "Timeless" VOY.
(ok, this one is basicly the FirstContact Uniform with one of the future communicators)
Have i missed one?

BTW, has anyone of you written a fanstory fitting in one of this timeframes?

------------------
This is how i prefer the borg... in pieces!!! -- Janeway in Dark Frontier

Seventhworld, the new SciFi-Project
www.seventhworld.de
Soon to be featured StarTrek Nemesis

Visit Rogue Fleet! The new StarTrek Internet RPG.
RogueFleet
Applications are still running!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I tend to think of the "All Good Things" uniforms as definate, not just possible. "The Visitor" established that those uniforms will come into use in a timeline relatively similar to ours. At least it was at the time of the episode. Now, however, there has been the Dominion War and the Klingons are our allies once again so things have diverged quite a bit more. At the time, though, I began to accept that those uniforms (odd as they are) are the future Starfleet look.

I don't know of any fiction, but you can see my tribute to the Relativity/ Future's End-style uniforms at my website shown below. It's in the Sci-Fi section.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

[This message has been edited by Aban Rune (edited August 23, 2000).]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wasn't a "real" timeline, but the alternative communicators/rank insignia (and lack of pips) worn in "Future Imperfect". Also glimpsed in an alternative timeline in "Parallels", although there they were with pips.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't seem to recall La Forge's from Timeless. I remember him having standard grey-shoulderd one.

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He did have the standard grey-shouldered one, but he had the communicator from "AGT..." and "The Visitor". Chakotay also had the same communicator, and it was on the box of that Borg unit.

------------------
"Weirdness doesn't frighten me. Ten-foot-tall purple wombats with shaving-cream-covered broadswords singing 'Kumbayah'... Now, that scares me..."
-Tim Nix

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited August 23, 2000).]

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were also some new uniforms made, but not used, for Generations, the first TNG movie. If I remember correctly, they weren't used because the producers didn't want to throw to much new stuff at the audience (i.e., our brains were too small).

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Savar
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Masao stole my thunder... I too was going to mention the unused uniform design for Generations. I don't believe they were actually made, however. There were designs made and the Playmates Generations figures are wearing them. They looked to me to be a cross between the later TNG TV version and the Fletcher movie uniforms in that they seemed to be double-breasted with a flap that closed on the right side.
IP: Logged
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC, a few of the new, but unseen, Generations uniforms were made. I have seen pictures of them in either the Art of Star Trek book or the Star Trek: The Next Generation: The Continuating Mission book.

------------------
Teddy Roosevelt: "Speak softly and carry a big stick."
Yosemite Sam: "Well, I speak loudly and I carry a bigger stick...and I use it too!"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep. They also had sleeve stripes as well as pips.

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anybody scan these uniform pictures?

------------------
"Weirdness doesn't frighten me. Ten-foot-tall purple wombats with shaving-cream-covered broadswords singing 'Kumbayah'... Now, that scares me..."
-Tim Nix

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://boothby.hypermart.net/upload/generations.jpg
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am SO glad they never used these unis. They are even uglier than the AGT unis. (although the AGT ones are starting to grow on me).

They just seem way over done. It also wouldn't have made sense. They already had the DS9/ Voyager uniform just out there but having never been adopted by the whole fleet. I was glad to see that bit of continuity between the series there.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just hope they won't change the current uniforms! I really like the FirstContact version.
Although every future uniform we have seen can not really called furture uniform (except the ones from VOY "Relativity"), because every not so distant future was changed somehow.
Q-future was changed by Picard, "The Visitor"-DS9 future was changed by the old Jake Sisko and the "Timeless"-VOY Future was changed by Chakotay and Harry.
It seems only the really far future (in "Relativiy") remains the same.

------------------
This is how i prefer the borg... in pieces!!! -- Janeway in Dark Frontier

Seventhworld, the new SciFi-Project
www.seventhworld.de
Soon to be featured StarTrek Nemesis

Visit Rogue Fleet! The new StarTrek Internet RPG.
RogueFleet
Applications are still running!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

You'd think that but what about The Doc's 29th century holoemitter?

------------------
-Tim Nix

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

The discovery of the Holo-emitter will likely not have a major impact on events in the near future. I'mstill not sure how the 29th century Borg got all his superspecial technology from a holographic imaging device. I don't see the HE influencing weapon design or shielding or a whole lot else that would change the course of the Federation.

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps